This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I love how people are acting like Dark Souls is the hardest game ever

#11SweepzzPosted 10/5/2011 5:13:33 AM
There are ton's of games from all different types of genres that are harder than dark souls.
---
Official Rhodium of GameFaqs
"It's not your fault, that's what they all keep saying..." - Not Me
#12squidney2k1Posted 10/5/2011 6:13:34 AM
The first game wasn't even that hard...it was just unecessarily cheap. Hell, if you want hard but not cheap (i.e. no omg, "i'm trapped in a corner cuz the game keeps loading me there & i'm getting wailed on by 4 enemies with unblockable attacks!" moments), play Castlevania: Lords of Shadow with the dufficulty at max...hard, but not "stupid" like Dark/Demon Souls.
---
\m/ (O_o) \m/ Alan Wake is the best game you DIDN'T play in 2010.
Please Sony, don't kill Heavy Rain!
#13Shy420Posted 10/5/2011 6:58:54 AM
Fable III was so hard I never finished it.
---
"Things aren't different. Things are just things." -Wintermute
#14Delta ZeroPosted 10/5/2011 7:05:43 AM
You can't die in Dark Souls. Sure they "Kill" you a lot if you aren't careful, but you just go at it again and again. There is no game over, until you say you are over with the game. The only penalty is going hollow, which is reversible or desirable in some cases, and losing souls which you can pick up if possible or just grind a bit for souls to get back to where you were. The only "hard" parts I have found so far (just starting mind you) are the gargoyles which I had to summon the help to finish off and the Dragon which is bullcrap for the most part and insta kills you with his flying fire attack.
---
-__-
#15CyricsServantPosted 10/5/2011 7:14:49 AM(edited)
Delta Zero posted...
You can't die in Dark Souls. Sure they "Kill" you a lot if you aren't careful, but you just go at it again and again. There is no game over, until you say you are over with the game. The only penalty is going hollow, which is reversible or desirable in some cases, and losing souls which you can pick up if possible or just grind a bit for souls to get back to where you were. The only "hard" parts I have found so far (just starting mind you) are the gargoyles which I had to summon the help to finish off and the Dragon which is bullcrap for the most part and insta kills you with his flying fire attack.

Don't forget about the "curse" status effect, which seems like complete bs to me. I just started myself so I haven't had to deal with it yet.

For those who don't know, curse cuts your HP bar in half... and it stacks... and it doesn't go away when you die.

So if you get nailed with it three times in a row and respawn far away from a healer or merchant... *shudders*. I'm really dreading those portions of the game. I hope there's some sort of faith-based spell we can learn to dispel it.
#16gorilla47Posted 10/5/2011 7:24:27 AM
I'm having a hard time with the zombie that just stands in the hallway when you start out. He doesn't attack but every time I get near him to pass him, I back off quickly out of fear that he will bite me or something.
---
Don't flame me, I'm a hero. I once rescued a fat chick from an evil team of one giant baby and one gorilla.
#17pakathecatPosted 10/5/2011 8:14:24 AM
What I have heard of the game makes me think of Dragon's Lair on the NES. Looked quite good for the time, but insanely hair-pulling. All about timing and you died a million times as almost everything one-shotted you. Still hate that game to this day...