This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dark Souls vs Rage

#1LeftWid3OpenPosted 10/5/2011 12:28:59 PM
Looking to break the bank on one...enjoy both genres. Read reviews...just looking for opinions. Thanks!
#2CapnStankyPosted 10/5/2011 12:32:27 PM
NBA Jam On Tour or Crysis 1. Both cheaper. Both better.
#3CapwnDPosted 10/5/2011 12:34:47 PM
Rage on PC is a pile of garbage. I've never been so disappointed in a game as I was with Rage. And I bought it on Steam, so no taking it back for half my money back like a disc game.

That's what I get, I guess. Now I know to be more careful with $60 Steam purchases.
---
ready for a bit of the o' ultra-violence
#4IwantedzeroPosted 10/5/2011 12:36:13 PM
One is fun, the other is Rage.
---
Trust me, I'm a random stranger on the internet.
Live long, be happy, and try to ensure those around you do as well.
#5Devil_KnowingPosted 10/5/2011 12:38:04 PM
Rage is such a fitting name.

"I ACTUALLY PAID MONEY FOR THIS!? ARRRRRRRRRRRHHHGG!!"
#6CapnStankyPosted 10/5/2011 12:49:12 PM
I've never seen PC gamers so mad before. And it's at an Id game, a company they're supposed to be able to trust. Dark Souls is also full of tons and tons of issues and stupid design decisions, but you kinda expect that from From. But not from Id.
#7CapwnDPosted 10/5/2011 1:09:09 PM

I've never seen PC gamers so mad before. And it's at an Id game, a company they're supposed to be able to trust. Dark Souls is also full of tons and tons of issues and stupid design decisions, but you kinda expect that from From. But not from Id.

I didn't realize it was ID until a few weeks ago. I didn't pay any attention to any of the hype, the only reason I got interested is because it was an ID game.
---
ready for a bit of the o' ultra-violence
#8FdshadowPosted 10/5/2011 1:13:17 PM
Iwantedzero posted...
One is fun, the other is Rage.

If by 'fun' you mean 'hair-ripping frustrating', heh. Dark Souls definitely isn't for everyone, I wish more would take that into account instead of suggesting it whenever they can.
#9Vaoris_KlawPosted 10/5/2011 1:34:22 PM
You can't beat Dark Souls by just doing the same thing over and over again and it doesn't just give you the tools to overcome the obstacles, you have to find them within yourself. You adapt to the game's challenges, and the feeling of success is more rewarding than any other recent game has yet to offer. Dark Souls and Demon's Souls are truly gems of this generation, I wish I could say the same about Rage.
---
Umbasa
www.youtube.com/profile?user=Vaoris
#10code_of_conductPosted 10/5/2011 1:39:33 PM
CapnStanky posted...
NBA Jam On Tour or Crysis 1. Both cheaper. Both better.

NBA Jam is better than Dark Souls? SERIOUSLY?
---
Forza 4!
Silent Hill: Downpour and Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim!