This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do I use my Turtle Beach headset during a game?

#1DrizzXPosted 10/5/2011 4:08:32 PM
I just got my xbox 360 slim not too long ago and I just bought a pair of Turtle Beach Ear Force X12's and I'm not sure how to use it for in game sound. The mic is working and everything but I can't figure out how to switch the volume from the tv to my headset while playing Street Fighter 4. I want to be able to hear everything in my headset.
---
PSN: DeRezz9
After going dark six years ago, 2010 will see a new dawn: Golden Sun Dark Dawn.
#2lopez409Posted 10/5/2011 4:21:51 PM
you have to run a wire from your tv to your headset, i use hdmi and just run a wire from pc audio behind my tv to where it connects to the headset wire.
---
XBL Gamertag: AlOpEz1
#3DrizzX(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2011 4:32:19 PM
Is the wire included? Right now I connected the headset's USB to the xbox with the HDMI cable and the mic wire to the controller.
---
#4SolGerXPosted 10/5/2011 4:34:39 PM
DrizzX posted...
Is the wire included? Right now I connected the headset's USB to the xbox with the HDMI cable and the mic wire to the controller.

it should come with the cable. mine came with the rca audio cable thingys to connect to the tv.
---
GamerTag: SolGer360
#5DrizzX(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2011 4:39:43 PM
It came with the red and white audio connectors. I plugged it into the tv and I got nothing. They both have white ends so I'm guessing I need another audio jack or something? Or is there a way to switch over on the xbox?
---
#6BlackReignMCWPosted 10/5/2011 4:46:35 PM
you connect the red and white cable to the 360s red and white cable and then connect that to the TV. If you use HDMI, then you need a special piece that lets you plug the headphones in while still using HDMI cables

http://www.bargaincell.com/images/products_large/xbox/xboxdat003.jpg
---
I thought you said something about being entertaining cause that was boring. You're not funny and nobody likes you. -CM Punk
#7rofflchopperPosted 10/5/2011 4:48:45 PM

you connect the red and white cable to the 360s red and white cable and then connect that to the TV. If you use HDMI, then you need a special piece that lets you plug the headphones in while still using HDMI cables

http://www.bargaincell.com/images/products_large/xbox/xboxdat003.jpg

Correct. You can find them on Amazon for a few bucks. As far as I know this is the only way you can use it while using an HDMI.
---
Dear Society,
Please stop calling Justin Bieber gay. We don't want him either. --- Sincerely, Homosexuals.
#8SolGerXPosted 10/5/2011 5:10:36 PM
DrizzX posted...
It came with the red and white audio connectors. I plugged it into the tv and I got nothing. They both have white ends so I'm guessing I need another audio jack or something? Or is there a way to switch over on the xbox?

hmmm...thats weird that you dont get sound. did you make sure you plugged it in the "out" part and not the "in"? i have my xbox on hdmi and i have the cables on the "out" of my tv.
---
GamerTag: SolGer360
#9L0ZPosted 10/5/2011 5:12:59 PM
If you purchase the turtlebeach dss you can run optical HD sound to your headset instead of composite sound
---
Go to http://www.petitiononline.com/OpMnfall/petition.html and post this to your sig if you want Majora's Mask 3D. Over 38,000 signatures so far.