This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gran Turismo 5 or Forza Motorsport 4

#1awesomephatmanPosted 10/6/2011 11:59:27 AM
I own a PS3 and Xbox 360 and suddenly, I'm craving a driving simulator. Which is the better game?
---
We live in but a shadow of the real
#2Iceman83Posted 10/6/2011 12:02:15 PM
Forza 4. Quality over quantity.
---
If it bleeds, we can kill it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0
#3TrickyPonyPosted 10/6/2011 12:02:27 PM
Forza 4 easily. FM3 and GT5 were really competing against each other.
#4awesomephatman(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2011 12:12:43 PM
Read the IGN review, and the game sounds like a love letter to car nuts. Just reading about how all the cars sounded got me fired up.

My one concern, however, is from this:

"In World Tour mode the AI is dynamic, becoming tougher the better you perform, making for more competitive racing."

I hate rubber-band AI in racing and sports games. It really cheapens the experience. If I race well and perfectly, I should beat the AI by a mile. I shouldn't be punished for driving well. Conversely, I don't want the game to baby me. If I'm doing poorly, I should have to learn the driving mechanics to improve and win fairly. The reward is greater this way, too.
---
#5TrickyPonyPosted 10/6/2011 12:16:11 PM
awesomephatman posted...
Read the IGN review, and the game sounds like a love letter to car nuts. Just reading about how all the cars sounded got me fired up.

My one concern, however, is from this:

"In World Tour mode the AI is dynamic, becoming tougher the better you perform, making for more competitive racing."

I hate rubber-band AI in racing and sports games. It really cheapens the experience. If I race well and perfectly, I should beat the AI by a mile. I shouldn't be punished for driving well. Conversely, I don't want the game to baby me. If I'm doing poorly, I should have to learn the driving mechanics to improve and win fairly. The reward is greater this way, too.

I wouldn't worry. None of the other FM's had rubberband AI. I hate that too, and this doesn't sound like rubber band - it sounds more like if you're doing well the game up's the difficulty. Kinda like how I race on medium and kick ass then it shifts up to hard.
#6Viet0nePosted 10/6/2011 12:24:52 PM
GT5 online community will be far better than Forza4 if the Forza2 and Forza3 community is anything to judge by. Meaning the challenge is higher in GT5. The skill level in Forza3 was a joke.

In addition, Forza4 doesn't support any popular wheels. So you're out of luck on that one if you want to use the something like the Logitech G27. Fanatec wheels are far overpriced to get the same.

Also, GT5 is more realistic to the simulation. Forza4 incorporates a lot of arcade aspects to keep it more friendly.

Then again, for replay value, GT5 has more variation and modes than Forza4.
---
Currently Playing: MHP3rd, Pokemon Black, Naruto UNS2
PSN/XBL : VietOne
#7Cinn_kentsu89Posted 10/6/2011 12:30:03 PM
Viet0ne posted...
GT5 online community will be far better than Forza4 if the Forza2 and Forza3 community is anything to judge by. Meaning the challenge is higher in GT5. The skill level in Forza3 was a joke.

In addition, Forza4 doesn't support any popular wheels. So you're out of luck on that one if you want to use the something like the Logitech G27. Fanatec wheels are far overpriced to get the same.

Also, GT5 is more realistic to the simulation. Forza4 incorporates a lot of arcade aspects to keep it more friendly.

Really? Please explain..... Oh wait. Oooooh you ^_^
#8FeelMyBladePosted 10/6/2011 12:35:42 PM
GT5 is terribad.
---
Moral #5: Early to rise, early to bed, makes a man healthy, but socially dead.
#9awesomephatman(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2011 12:36:13 PM
Cinn_kentsu89 posted...
Viet0ne posted...

Really? Please explain..... Oh wait. Oooooh you ^_^

Am I missing out on some sort of inside joke? D:
---
#10ReeGPosted 10/6/2011 12:51:46 PM
TrickyPony posted...
Forza 4 easily. FM3 and GT5 were really competing against each other.

And that wasn't even a competition. GT5 was pathetic after a years of already playing Forza 3
---
Currently Playing : Gears of War 3, Dead Island, Infamous 2, Xenoblade, Fruit Ninja Kinect, Gunstringer, BFBC2