This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

One of my problmes with DLC: Saint's Row 2...

#21kingbahamut83Posted 10/7/2011 11:42:10 PM
there's no imperative for the publisher to reduce the price.

You mean incentive. I get the desire for wanting the DLC for cheaper but its already been mentioned that with used game sales keeping devs from making money, I don't it will drop for another year if that.
---
Fear not Black Ops community, Captain Whiny V***** (me) is on the job.-LordSaibot
Gamertag: AccursedVenom
#22AnonymousFriendPosted 10/8/2011 7:31:15 AM
It's the developer's choice whether or not to drop the price of the content, unless a Microspft policy says otherwise.

I think that issues like these are a result of developers forgetting that the content is even still up on a server sometimes. A possible solution could be to include the content in new copies of the Platinum hits versions of the game.

I can see them addressing the issue more next gen when downloadable purchases become more common and they start pushing for a full download only method.

@Winternova:

This isn't the normal "RAGE!!! Developers are stupid! This should be blah-blah-blah!" kind of topic. This is a valid observation and complaint. And actually the most valid complaint that I've seen against DD. what developers do now and continue to do in the near future will shape people's perception of how DD will work when that's the only way of getting content.
---
Nothing is over-rated. Your opinion is just outnumbered.
PSN ID/Gamertag - AnonymousFriend