This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is it about console that prevents 64 player matches?

#1Knight_Rider_3KPosted 10/7/2011 9:10:12 AM
I am really worried about Battlefiled 3. I have it pre-ordered at the moment, and for the first time, I am thinking about canceling it. Some of the things I have read describe it as CoD wack-a-terrorist, not a Battlefield as it was known before. But the 24 max player count really sucks. Why can't it be 64?
---
You may beat me at a game, but with my smoking hot wife, I win at life.
#2ReeGPosted 10/7/2011 9:13:35 AM
It's honestly fine in BFBC2 but it does concern me for BF3 and i'll likely convert to PC for BF3
I wouldn't worry TOO much about it if console is your only option becuase apparently the console Maps are being scaled down to suit the 24 player limit.
---
Currently Playing : Gears of War 3, Dead Island, Infamous 2, Xenoblade, Fruit Ninja Kinect, Gunstringer, BFBC2
#3Mike_VanderzandPosted 10/7/2011 9:16:55 AM(edited)
After how bad the beta is, I don't see the point in buying the game.

The beta is only "weeks" behind the current build, before you say "it's just a beta".
---
Walshy knows I'm a BEAST, PROOF:http://youtu.be/_YJ_OTU3-EQ
Sub my channel: http://www.youtube.com/mikevanderzand
#4TrugamerPosted 10/7/2011 9:20:37 AM(edited)
The hardware is out dated and can't handle it, what other answer are you looking for?

I think the destruction memory aspect of BF is what kills it on consoles when you look at a game like Frontlines that had 50 player matches but no destruction and sometimes choppy gameplay.
Anyone know the headcount for Homefront? i'm pretty sure it was more than 24

Seems kind of weird that the "noobs" at KAOS are getting 50 players on Frontlines yet the big time devs can't even handle 32 this gen
#5ReeGPosted 10/7/2011 9:21:20 AM
The beta doesn't show any large scale maps or vehicles which is %75 of BF gameplay

I believe the Beta was just to test WAN performance and work out any network related glitches in a patch

EA has nobody to blame but themselves but they've kind of hindered their own launch by expecting the casual console community to take a BETA for what it is.
---
Currently Playing : Gears of War 3, Dead Island, Infamous 2, Xenoblade, Fruit Ninja Kinect, Gunstringer, BFBC2
#6Knight_Rider_3K(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2011 9:27:28 AM
Well, if its just the console hardware, then I have my first requirment for the next gen console. I will not buy a console that can't support 64 players online.
---
You may beat me at a game, but with my smoking hot wife, I win at life.
#7TrugamerPosted 10/7/2011 9:27:39 AM
Mike_Vanderzand posted...
After how bad the beta is, I don't see the point in buying the game.

The beta is only "weeks" behind the current build, before you say "it's just a beta".

People looking at BF3 would be better of buyng the BC2 ultimate edition for now and waiting for them to get BF3 "right"
It took them like 4 months to fix the lag on BC2 (it is excellent now)which makes me in no hurry at all to jump on BF3
#8FustmonkeyPosted 10/7/2011 9:30:37 AM

Well, if its just the console hardware, then I have my first requirment for the next gen console. I will not buy a console that can't support 64 players online.

Just curious... what are these awesome games with 64 players that you are trying to play?
---
Fix your NAT: http://www.freewebs.com/haximo/ports.htm
#9ZackG31Posted 10/7/2011 9:31:14 AM
PS3 resistance 2 had 60 player online MAG had quite a bit. Killzone 2 had 32 or 34 but people always complain that its chaos, thats why more people play Teamdeath rather than ground war in COD
---
Atheism is a terrible bet. It gives you no chance of winning the prize.
#10FustmonkeyPosted 10/7/2011 9:32:51 AM

PS3 resistance 2 had 60 player online MAG had quite a bit. Killzone 2 had 32 or 34 but people always complain that its chaos, thats why more people play Teamdeath rather than ground war in COD

That's the point I'm getting at. More people a good game it does not make.
---
Fix your NAT: http://www.freewebs.com/haximo/ports.htm