This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How to cancel auto-renewal

#1TurcotteIVPosted 10/8/2011 7:11:42 AM
My *FOURTH* 360 has started to "overheat" within 15-20 minutes of being on. It just started randomly, never had a problem before that day. Now it's literally unplayable. Got the "your XBOX Live auto-renewal" email and tried to look on their site how to cancel, and found out you need to call them. After my fourth failed attempt at buying something from them I don't really feel like sitting here and have someone try and talk me into staying. Why is calling them the only way to cancel? Is there any other way? I have until Nov 1st.
---
"I've got you beat. I had to put my son's swing set/jungle-gym together today. I pulled this off without killing anyone." - dirkdiggler
#2ARsignal11Posted 10/8/2011 7:40:40 AM
Just call them. It's the only way. I literally did so just the other day and while they will try to entice you with an offer of Gold for just $34.99 or something, just keep your stance and they will do it. And no, it doesn't take forever to get past the automated machines and talk to someone - it took me literally 3-4 minutes. And the woman I personally spoke to was nice about it (though I guess there are probably some mean people out there as well).
#3ARsignal11Posted 10/8/2011 7:40:58 AM
Just call them. It's the only way. I literally did so just the other day and while they will try to entice you with an offer of Gold for just $34.99 or something, just keep your stance and they will do it. And no, it doesn't take forever to get past the automated machines and talk to someone - it took me literally 3-4 minutes. And the woman I personally spoke to was nice about it (though I guess there are probably some mean people out there as well).
#4code_of_conductPosted 10/8/2011 8:18:58 AM
In the UK, you can disable auto-renewal via the website.
---
Forza 4!
Silent Hill: Downpour and Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim!
#5stav8Posted 10/8/2011 8:30:18 AM
Tell them your cancelling because your fourth system has died amd tell them youre not buying another xbox, hence reason for cancelling. They may offer you a free repair to entice you into staying. Take it then cancel when you get the xbox back
#6RenamonPosted 10/8/2011 9:02:00 AM
Despite popular rumor, calling MS will not cause the world to implode, the sun to stop shining, or Jack the Ripper to come and murder you.
---
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games