This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Microsoft again mentions next-gen Xbox

#1tYRE_602Posted 10/10/2011 6:58:22 AM
It may come off as a huge surprise, but there are in fact people working on a next-generation Xbox. Shocking, I know.

Resumes discovered by internet sleuth Supererogatory today reveal several Microsoft employees and their positions on next-gen console development.

Microsoft employee and award-winning brand, web, and interactive creative director/designer Jeff Faulkner is adding the “Xbox Nex Gen Creative Director,” according to his profile.

“Senior Creative Director for Xbox,” currently “designing the next generation of entertainment,” is Jonathan Harris, linked here.

A Patrick Corrigan is “providing groundwork an integration for branding elements for next-gen Xbox on all forms of media. Ranging from print to UI across future releases of the Xbox platform.”

And Joe Langevin, an “Xbox Hardware Intern at Microsoft,” is listed to be working on “high speed data buses to prevent electromagnetic interference in next-gen devices.”

All of these portfolio listings are from 2010 and onward.

http://gematsu.com/2011/10/microsoft-resumes-mention-next-gen-xbox
#2iceman505Posted 10/10/2011 9:38:52 AM
Please tell me they didn't wait this long to begin working on it. There should be a prototype by now, this many years after the 360 launch. Hopefully the next one is put together right from day one.
---
RIP Red Faction 2001-2011.
#3TheMuffinPosted 10/10/2011 9:48:23 AM
iceman505 posted...
Please tell me they didn't wait this long to begin working on it. There should be a prototype by now, this many years after the 360 launch. Hopefully the next one is put together right from day one.

Welcome to product design bud.
---
Gabrius ~Hedro, tank you for cawling xbox suppaaart, my neem is THOMAS, hawl cun I heeelp you?
#4stawg007Posted 10/10/2011 9:58:33 AM
you're on a roll today tYRE lol
---
I hear its amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hari Kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!
#5Dragon NexusPosted 10/10/2011 10:42:15 AM

Of course they didn't. They've likely been working on this in a conceptual manner since a little after the 360 launched.
---
"I don't know, it's an impossible choice...I just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me."
#6tYRE_602(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2011 11:06:39 AM
stawg007 posted...
you're on a roll today tYRE lol

I can't keep up with all the news today XD
#7norrinsandsPosted 10/10/2011 11:54:53 AM
I think because of the economy and the success they had with the 360 (and Sony's reluctance to launch a new console, plus Nintendo deciding to launch a current gen console next year) MS is going to be able to release more reliable hardware, for a $300/$400 price split in 2013, and still have agenerational leap. I'd assume it will include a Kinect II in the premium model, and probably will come with more onboard memory, like 8GB.
---
Done with JRPGs and pretty much J anything at this point.
#8Dragon NexusPosted 10/10/2011 11:59:37 AM

I think because of the economy and the success they had with the 360MS is going to be able to release more reliable hardware

I think it has more to do with no deals going south, forcing them to retire their old units early in order to rush out their new model, ala the Xbox 1 - Xbox 360 fiasco.
---
"I don't know, it's an impossible choice...I just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me."
#9tYRE_602(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2011 12:10:58 PM
Dragon Nexus posted...
, forcing them to retire their old units early in order to rush out their new model, ala the Xbox 1 - Xbox 360 fiasco.

Force? Rush?

Dude it'd be 7-8 years since the 360 came out if it releases in 2012-13...
#10norrinsandsPosted 10/10/2011 2:56:57 PM
tYRE_602 posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...
, forcing them to retire their old units early in order to rush out their new model, ala the Xbox 1 - Xbox 360 fiasco.

Force? Rush?

Dude it'd be 7-8 years since the 360 came out if it releases in 2012-13...

Dude, he's saying that the 360 was rushed into production, not that the 720 will be rushed into production.

Anyway, that's part of my bigger point. MS has been making profit per unit sold on the 360 for a long time now, meaning that they can bide their time so that the 720 is relatively cheap to manufacture, reliable, and a generational leap all at the same time.
---
Done with JRPGs and pretty much J anything at this point.