This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What would have better sound quality: Astro A40s, or Grado SR60s /w a mic?

#1RaekwusPosted 10/10/2011 9:44:23 AM
I can get a clip on for like $15 and add them to the Grados, but are the A40s that much better?
---
Je Vous Aime
Je Dois Partir
#2DuwstaiPosted 10/10/2011 12:00:51 PM
I have no experience with Grado's, but A40s are over rated.

Very good sound quality.... for one of those console headset packages. Overall though, compared to higher quality headphones like Sennheisers or something they definitely fall short (but still sound great).

So if these Grado's are on par with something like Sennheiser pc350s or 595s... go with the Grados.
---
XBL: eL Sm3gmA ::: PSN: Smegtico
"so continue to not care, while a bunch of fat pre teen kids teabag you"- shrub999
#3popping4itPosted 10/10/2011 12:10:59 PM
a40 sound is optimized for voice so game audio will seem flat but voice will be clean. i wouldnt consider them overrated they prioritize whats more important for mlg.
---
Still hoping for a Shenmue 3.
#4DuwstaiPosted 10/10/2011 3:50:29 PM
popping4it posted...
a40 sound is optimized for voice so game audio will seem flat but voice will be clean. i wouldnt consider them overrated they prioritize whats more important for mlg.

True.

I was just trying to get my point across.

A lot of people come into topics and just post things like "Astro A40s are amazing! The best of the best, if youre looking for top quality these are what you want!"

And thats simply not true as far as game sound goes (unless youre comparing them to Trittons or Turtle Beaches or something).
---
XBL: eL Sm3gmA ::: PSN: Smegtico
"so continue to not care, while a bunch of fat pre teen kids teabag you"- shrub999