This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Resident Evil 4 is on the marketplace???

#1VVinglessPosted 10/11/2011 6:39:56 PM
Damn, I don't know why, but there is some weird appeal to play classic games like RE4 and Banjo Kazooie on my 360, even though I already have them all.

Do they have any other RE games as well? I'm gonna have to look into what games they have
---
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.
#2Gunvalkyrie2Posted 10/11/2011 6:42:19 PM
Yes. Get a real game - Resident Evil Code Veronica. Best in the series. Looks sweet in HD.
#3ACHEEKSMALLOYPosted 10/11/2011 6:45:56 PM
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
Yes. Get a real game - Resident Evil Code Veronica. Best in the series. Looks sweet in HD.

AHAHAHAHAH!!! no. cv is one of the worst up there with zero, 5 and gun survivors.
---
http://almightycheeks.hubpages.com/
#4scoobydoobydontPosted 10/11/2011 6:49:20 PM
CV was great, on DC. It's just okay now. Still, way better than that overrated Resident-Evil-in-name-only RE4.
---
Sometimes questions are more important than answers.
#5knives outPosted 10/11/2011 6:49:55 PM
ACHEEKSMALLOY posted...
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...

AHAHAHAHAH!!! no. cv is one of the worst up there with zero, 5 and gun survivors.

WHAT!?!?
---
Man created god in his own image.
#6Ryan2002Posted 10/11/2011 6:50:26 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
CV was great, on DC. It's just okay now. Still, way better than that overrated Resident-Evil-in-name-only RE4.

Agreed.

My fav was REmake on GC.
---
A Jose Canseco bat? Tell me...you didn't pay money for this.
http://www.zreomusic.com/Zelda25.jpg =-= http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2v965tv&s=7
#7VVingless(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2011 6:51:19 PM
CV is on there too??? holy ****
that's the only non-spin off RE game I haven't played.
---
#8Gunvalkyrie2Posted 10/11/2011 6:52:35 PM
Haters, this ones for you -

The Dreamcast version of the game garnered many extremely positive reviews, IGN giving it a 9.2/10, GameSpot giving it a 9.5/10, and GamePro giving it a 4.5/5. The updated release, Code: Veronica X fared well, garnering a 9.0/10 from GameSpot, and a 4.5/5 from GamePro. In GameInformer's "Top 100 Games of All Time", it was ranked as the sixty-ninth best video game.

Resident Evil Code: Veronica has sold nearly 3 million copies worldwide.
#9VVingless(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2011 6:53:04 PM

RE4 is an excellent game, I just don't think it's faithful to the series. Got rid of the survival and more notably, horror elements, of previous games. I thought it was still extremely well done though. It's just not comparable to a game like RE remake, they're just incredibly different, but both excellent in their own ways.
---
#10scoobydoobydontPosted 10/11/2011 7:00:47 PM(edited)
VVingless posted...

RE4 is an excellent game, I just don't think it's faithful to the series. Got rid of the survival and more notably, horror elements, of previous games. I thought it was still extremely well done though. It's just not comparable to a game like RE remake, they're just incredibly different, but both excellent in their own ways.

I would probably be much kinder if it had been a spin off or a new series all together. I like other series, like Overblood (I bet maybe one person even knows what that is), Cold Fear (not even one will remember that), and the like which are similar. It just should not have been a numbered RE, and as such, it didn't really deserve the huge hype/following it got out of it since without the RE name it NEVER would have the sacred status it holds now.

Edit: and Fade To Black. Anyone remember Fade To Black? I loved that game...
---
Sometimes questions are more important than answers.