This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Well if your gamertag gets hacked I don't think you get it back

#1JinxPalmPosted 10/13/2011 4:27:09 PM
I was told 40 days ago it would take maximum 25 days and here I sit without any contact from Microsoft at all... gg hackers you ruined my account forever
---
Xbox live gamertag: Jinxpalm
#2BigReedPosted 10/13/2011 4:34:11 PM
It's been 40 business days? Also, how many times have you called microsoft to remind them or check up on your account?
---
"..hardcore gamers like me for instance, who grew up on Halo.."
#3JinxPalm(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2011 4:35:57 PM
Well they never said business days, they just said 25 days. Regardless today is like the 29th or 30th business day
---
#4BigReedPosted 10/13/2011 4:40:34 PM
It goes by business days.

Have you called microsoft and talked to them about your claim/account at all during this time?
---
#5JinxPalm(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2011 4:47:32 PM
Yea I must have called at least 5 times... they say the same thing every time...

"It looks like the account is still locked and the investigation team must still be working on it. There are no notes on the account indicating any problems or any further actions required bu you"

And apparently you cannot contact this "investigation team" if it even exists.

It's the most bs process I've ever had to go through to try and get something fixed.
---
#6BigReedPosted 10/13/2011 6:31:02 PM
Well I'm sorry to hear that, hopefully they can fix everything up soon.
---
#7TreewallerPosted 10/13/2011 6:53:01 PM
You can make them unlock your account. They'll recommend that you keep it locked, but they'll unlock it if you ask them to.
---
"Hey Sockbaby! You wanna food up with us or what?!"
Game o' the Moment: Hannah Montana - The Movie Game
#8thisismyusernmePosted 10/13/2011 7:01:13 PM
Treewaller posted...
You can make them unlock your account. They'll recommend that you keep it locked, but they'll unlock it if you ask them to.

please tell me about this. i was fortunate enough to act very fast on mine, i was watching netflix and had my email open so i saw the3 second codes were purchased and called immediately. i am now in control of my account. all that happened before we locked the hacker out was he charged my account for 5,000 points and stole the 6000 i had in my account. my region wasnt changed or anything, i have access to my live id and my gamertag i just cant play online while theyre investigating

im fine with this for a little while, but i have to have my account back by the time MW3 hits, i WANT my elite founder status. im hesitant to redeem my elite code in case for whatever reason i dont get my account back, but if push comes to shove i have considered just dropping the whole thing and considering it a lesson learned. i was stupid and used the same username and password for damn near everything
#9JinxPalm(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2011 7:03:50 PM
thisismyusernme posted...
Treewaller posted...

please tell me about this. i was fortunate enough to act very fast on mine, i was watching netflix and had my email open so i saw the3 second codes were purchased and called immediately. i am now in control of my account. all that happened before we locked the hacker out was he charged my account for 5,000 points and stole the 6000 i had in my account. my region wasnt changed or anything, i have access to my live id and my gamertag i just cant play online while theyre investigating

im fine with this for a little while, but i have to have my account back by the time MW3 hits, i WANT my elite founder status. im hesitant to redeem my elite code in case for whatever reason i dont get my account back, but if push comes to shove i have considered just dropping the whole thing and considering it a lesson learned. i was stupid and used the same username and password for damn near everything

How long has it been since locked? As above I'm at like 40 days or 30 business days. I've about lost hope I'm going to get it back.
---
#10TreewallerPosted 10/13/2011 7:07:30 PM
I haven't personally done it, but someone made a topic on here a couple weeks ago saying they called up support and requested their profile to be unlocked.
---
"Hey Sockbaby! You wanna food up with us or what?!"
Game o' the Moment: Hannah Montana - The Movie Game