This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Well if your gamertag gets hacked I don't think you get it back

#61GobizkuPosted 10/27/2011 1:57:39 PM
Cactrot posted...
In a series of claims that contradict everything support has told me previously, this guy assured me that he'd never heard of a case where you don't get your original account back, even when there's been a region change, and that while the official policy is that you can't change a region back, it's only policy and they can and do break it in exceptions like this.

I've seen quite a few accounts not go back to the original owners, usually through the fault of the current owner.

Example: your friend creates an account in his name. He then gives you it. It gets stolen and you file a UA. The account will not go back to you unless you claim to be the person who created the account, which you probably wouldn't normally (but because I told you that, you would). Sometimes blatantly fake names are used, which is against ToU. The investigation team won't unlock the account or finish the investigation.

Just depends on the situation.

Furthermore support support agents don't really care about BBB complaints/threats at all. BBB complaints typically are complaints about policy and support has no control over policy, they just enforce it. Those complaints go to the higher ups, but they're typically trivial complaints anyway like not getting a free repair on an out of warranty console (probably the most common reason I get yelled at). You knew what the warranty was when you bought it, complaining after the fact just means you ignored it.
---
"Chaos Is Not Entropy...Chaos Is Continual Creation." -Praxis
Preparation For A Coming Darkness
#62SquallWindbladePosted 10/27/2011 8:31:16 PM
The BBB also fields a lot of calls that literally never go anywhere at all, as well. People call asking for them to do things about events that have very little to do with the business actually doing anything wrong. It's not like the customer service agent made a bunch of racial slurs, laughed at you, and hung up. It's also not like you gave them money to provide a service they didn't provide, and it's also not like your account gets charged for the days that you're under investigation.

The BBB isn't just for consumer whining, although that's what a lot of people seem to believe it is for. It's for legitimate claims of misconduct on the part of the business. If you're black and you find prices at your local supermarket are significantly higher for you than the white lady in front of you, you have a legitimate complaint. If you're upset because she's in front of you and it took awhile because she was writing a check and it needed management approval, the BBB isn't going to do anything about it at all.

If Microsoft is investigating your case and you're waiting a long time to get it back, the BBB really has no grounds to help you. Microsoft isn't doing anything wrong, and they're up front about the significant delay that it will cause when you report it.
---
Current field of study: Game Software Development
SOLVING ALL PROBLEMS WITH THE MAXIMUM POSSIBLE AMOUNT OF BLOODSHED IS JUST THE FURBY WAY.
#63JinxPalm(Topic Creator)Posted 10/28/2011 5:47:41 PM
SquallWindblade posted...
I'm not really sure how the BBB would help you. Isn't investigating fraud a good thing? I'd figure the BBB would be totally fine with them doing it. Who cares if it's slightly inconvenient - that's not what the BBB is about.

Investigating is a good thing.

However telling you 21 days and taking months is bad service on Microsoft's end.

And to all, you don't call the BBB, you file a claim through their website. Everything automatically gets taken care of and it will get you your account back VERY VERY quickly.

Just don't be an idiot and file unless you are at 30+ days of waiting.
---
Xbox live gamertag: Jinxpalm
#64JinxPalm(Topic Creator)Posted 10/28/2011 5:51:00 PM
SquallWindblade posted...
The BBB also fields a lot of calls that literally never go anywhere at all, as well. People call asking for them to do things about events that have very little to do with the business actually doing anything wrong. It's not like the customer service agent made a bunch of racial slurs, laughed at you, and hung up. It's also not like you gave them money to provide a service they didn't provide, and it's also not like your account gets charged for the days that you're under investigation.

The BBB isn't just for consumer whining, although that's what a lot of people seem to believe it is for. It's for legitimate claims of misconduct on the part of the business. If you're black and you find prices at your local supermarket are significantly higher for you than the white lady in front of you, you have a legitimate complaint. If you're upset because she's in front of you and it took awhile because she was writing a check and it needed management approval, the BBB isn't going to do anything about it at all.

If Microsoft is investigating your case and you're waiting a long time to get it back, the BBB really has no grounds to help you. Microsoft isn't doing anything wrong, and they're up front about the significant delay that it will cause when you report it.

This is 100% false.

The BBB has a complaint section that falls under "service"

Telling you 21 days and taking way longer is simply bad service.

And to anyone who thinks these companies don;t care about BBB claims you are widely mistaken.

While the BBB can;t really take any action and help you most companies will do whatever they can to get cases removed so that they look better to the average consumer.
---
Xbox live gamertag: Jinxpalm
#65SquallWindbladePosted 10/30/2011 4:36:53 PM
JinxPalm posted...
This is 100% false.

The BBB has a complaint section that falls under "service"

Telling you 21 days and taking way longer is simply bad service.

And to anyone who thinks these companies don;t care about BBB claims you are widely mistaken.

While the BBB can;t really take any action and help you most companies will do whatever they can to get cases removed so that they look better to the average consumer.

Telling you 21 days and taking way longer is normal in the nature of the problem. If you think it's "simply bad service," then you're pretty much ignorant of both the process and the nature of the issue. I mean no offense, but filing your complaint under "service" accomplishes nothing unless there is an actual issue with the business' processes or policies.

I appreciate your enthusiasm and your belief that the BBB can somehow manufacture a problem to solve out of your complaint about a cybercrime investigation's length. However, if Microsoft has to involve say, the FBI cybercrimes unit for any reason, such as would be the case in a major hacking attempt or a targeted virus, the investigation time is no longer in Microsoft's hands. The BBB really can't help you once the case is no longer in the hands of the business and, as you've probably already guessed, you're just wasting everyone's time by filing a complaint.
---
Current field of study: Game Software Development
SOLVING ALL PROBLEMS WITH THE MAXIMUM POSSIBLE AMOUNT OF BLOODSHED IS JUST THE FURBY WAY.
#66sonicteam2k1Posted 10/30/2011 5:09:41 PM
Something is going down at Microsoft and it sucks. At least when it happened to Sony, there was no way for them not to hide it like MS is right now.
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own