This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I hope all HD ports is the beginning of seeing remakes, and remasters

#21MikeStutterPosted 10/18/2011 10:14:24 AM
For first I don't care about the HD ports since they practically don't do anything, a slightly polished visuals and framerate, and I don't even see those differences. Also I don't like the achievement/trophies being added even in old games.

I wouldn't really have anything against complete remakes, but most don't even seem to know how to do those.
Resident Evil 1 was the only perfect remake.
Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes was nearly perfect except new voice acting completely ruined the game.
Tomb Raider was somewhat okay at beginning but began to lose it the more I played it. In the end it was really crappy.
Goldeneye got changed from being Goldeneye to Call Of Duty clone with a new main character.

So make it right and don't change stuff drastically and I don't have to complain.
#22kst8erPosted 10/18/2011 1:05:32 PM
i wish they would lower the price by a whole bunch
---
"I consider myself an artist, but I would give it all up for a boatload of money" Jim Gaffigan
#23faris_ruhiPosted 10/18/2011 2:03:59 PM
I wouldn't mind having some handheld games being remastered for consoles. I never have and never will own a handheld gaming device that is not a phone. I want to play games on my TV, or my projector, with surround sound while sitting on my couch a good distance away from the screen.
---
Time...line...? Time is not made out of lines. It is made of circles. That is why clocks are round. - Caboose
PSN: SYRAPH , GT: TheRealSyraph
#24link0316Posted 10/18/2011 4:23:49 PM
I would be on board if Capcom would update Resident Evil 2. Even Nemesis.
---
GT : Zom6iesRPeople2
Playing : Dead Island
#25Gunvalkyrie2Posted 10/18/2011 6:49:25 PM
I think what many miss about these HD ports is not only are the old games completely dated without the HD facelift -- BUT they look ATROCIOUS on an HDTV. That is why people don't really appreciate the beauty of Code Veronica for instance because in many peoples minds these games look more or less how their "memory" remembers them, - that same person needs to hook up a Dreamcast to an HDTV to really get the full effect of what time and technology has done... God of War 2 looks absolutely sick now on HDTV when remastered but TERRIBLE on a PS2 with the old yellow wire treatment.
#26dannyaqPosted 10/18/2011 7:15:08 PM
thing is, nintendo won't be doing that. nintendo just rereleases the games untouched. those are the ones most revisiting.
---
There are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't
#27shinobisBACKPosted 10/18/2011 7:22:57 PM
i want to see remakes of old games too. but i mean real remakes, like what they did with the original resident evil on gamecube. that one was an actual remake, from the ground up. lots of new things, and enough updating that it was like playing a brand new game pretty much. if they did this with re2 and re3... awesome :) these hd ports are ok, but everything is the same. i want REAL remakes.

also, agreed on the tokyo xtreme racer, used to love that series :) flash your highbeams!