This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone else getting tired of open world games?

#1hellbringherPosted 10/17/2011 7:52:21 PM
I hat when developers make a 5 hour game then hype it as over a trillion if you do all the quest that have nothing to do with the main story. Not only is it tedius but it's also daunting to the point of making less interested.
---
What happens when your underwear get wrapped in the sheets? You sheet your draws
#2GSPgreasesPosted 10/17/2011 7:54:52 PM
maybe you should try sandbox games

like Saboteur. after you beat the story theres several hours of things you can do in that world
#3Nok_Su_KowPosted 10/17/2011 8:00:52 PM
More open world games that link together like Dark Souls, Metroid, Shadow Complex would be awesome.
#4thisismyusernmePosted 10/17/2011 8:06:49 PM
i have no problem with open world games

i have a MAJOR problem with "open world" games that CLOSE OFF AREAS TO YOU

that is a BS move. "oh im going to make 52 collectables for you to find but im going to hide a handful into a couple areas that after you go through them one youll never get to enter them again! or close them off for no reason!"...
#5WinternovaPosted 10/17/2011 8:25:39 PM

maybe you should try sandbox games

like Saboteur. after you beat the story theres several hours of things you can do in that world

Saboteur is an open-world game. Sandbox games are quite different.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(AFC Champs), Red Wings(Central Champs)
#6GSPgreasesPosted 10/18/2011 2:59:26 PM
you have no clue what your talking about
#7WinternovaPosted 10/18/2011 3:05:21 PM
GSPgreases posted...
you have no clue what your talking about

It's "you're", not "your". And, yes, I DO know what I'm talking about. Sandbox games give you a virtually empty world and let you create the world according to the game's rules. Examples are: The Sims, Sim City, Sim Earth, Line Rider, and, to some extent, Minecraft and From Dust.

Saboteur is an open world/free roam game. The city is created by the developers of the game for players to explore, but they cannot do whatever they wish.
---
#8GSPgreasesPosted 10/18/2011 3:41:23 PM
you clearly are confused of the meaning of sandbox. look it up before you start taking yourE crap next time

i hate when ppl act like they know something & try to correct gramma STFU this isnt a class & your not a teacher
#9SpaceAssassinPosted 10/18/2011 3:46:01 PM
GSPgreases posted...
you clearly are confused of the meaning of sandbox. look it up before you start taking yourE crap next time

i hate when ppl act like they know something & try to correct gramma STFU this isnt a class & your not a teacher

Trololololololol fail
---
Beast Mode
[ON] OFF
#10WinternovaPosted 10/18/2011 4:00:01 PM
GSPgreases posted...

i hate when ppl act like they know something & try to correct gramma **** this isnt a class & your not a teacher

I hate when children act like they know it all yet obviously do not have a clue what they're talking about.

I know the meaning of "sandbox". You get a blank slate and get to build the world you're playing in, hence the term "sandbox game".
---