This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone else getting tired of open world games?

#11boolzeroPosted 10/18/2011 5:07:09 PM
GSPgreases posted...
you clearly are confused of the meaning of sandbox. look it up before you start taking yourE crap next time

i hate when ppl act like they know something & try to correct gramma STFU this isnt a class & your not a teacher

You might want to take some of that advice you are dishing out because, well, you are wrong... Sim City would be considered a Sand Box game. The Saboteur is Open World game... You seem to have your definitions confused...

As for the comment of using proper grammar; I have to say that it makes a difference between starting an unintentional argument and expressing ones self and their points in an articulate well constructed manner and getting their side across with little confusion. I understand that we are all on the internet and nobody wants the to deal with the English 101 police, but in the same respect a person can't expect others to take their comments seriously if that person can't bother to present them properly. I mean why should people care to read them if a person doesn't even care to present them properly?

Not arguing, I am just saying...
---
Death is a dish best served with gravy...
#12anime_vixenPosted 10/18/2011 5:27:40 PM
@ boolzero and others

At the end of the day. You still understood what he said.
So it really unnecessary for you to try to act intelligent on a gaming forum.

Also by sandbox games. He meant games like GTA, Infamous, Crackdown etc.
By his definition. An open world game is oblvion, borderlands, two worlds,dead island etc.

@
---
PSN: Princess_Sarah17
School Days is the best anime ever!!!!!!!!!!
#13poultrygeist1Posted 10/18/2011 5:31:51 PM
YES! I am getting sick and tired of open world games. It's just a way for developers to artificially extend the length of the game by forcing you to spend 20 minutes just to get to the next mission and to give the illusion of "freedom and openness". A couple of games do it right, like bethesda games, but when done badly, it has absolutely ruined some games for me, like Burnout paradise, assassin's creed, even Wind Waker.
#14WinternovaPosted 10/18/2011 5:40:29 PM
anime_vixen posted...
Also by sandbox games. He meant games like GTA, Infamous, Crackdown etc.
By his definition. An open world game is oblvion, borderlands, two worlds,dead island etc.

And what's the difference between those two groups?!?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(AFC Champs), Red Wings(Central Champs)
#15Scoter81Posted 10/18/2011 5:46:51 PM
anime_vixen posted...
@ boolzero and others

At the end of the day, you still understood what he said.
It's really unnecessary for you to try to act intelligent on a gaming forum.

Also (comma) by sandbox games, he meant games like GTA, Infamous, Crackdown(comma) etc.
<new paragraph>
By his definition, an open world game is Oblvion, Borderlands, Two worlds, Dead island(comma) etc.

Unnecessary --->@

Grade: D-

See me after class.
#16Ryan2002Posted 10/18/2011 5:51:54 PM
hellbringher posted...
I hat when developers make a 5 hour game then hype it as over a trillion if you do all the quest that have nothing to do with the main story. Not only is it tedius but it's also daunting to the point of making less interested.

thisismyusernme posted...
i have no problem with open world games

i have a MAJOR problem with "open world" games that CLOSE OFF AREAS TO YOU

that is a BS move. "oh im going to make 52 collectables for you to find but im going to hide a handful into a couple areas that after you go through them one youll never get to enter them again! or close them off for no reason!"...

So I see you both didn't like Rage then eh?
---
A Jose Canseco bat? Tell me...you didn't pay money for this.
http://www.zreomusic.com/Zelda25.jpg =-= http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2v965tv&s=7
#17HeLeehamPosted 10/18/2011 7:46:50 PM
A sandbox game is a game where the world is basically your playground like just cause 2 or grand theft auto for example. An open world game is a game like oblivion or fallout where you can interact with pretty much everything and everyone and the decisions you make affect the storyline. All the games you listed were simulations as far as I can tell (1 or 2 of them I havnt played I just have an idea of what they are)
#18Fei_KuPosted 10/18/2011 7:48:47 PM
HeLeeham posted...
A sandbox game is a game where the world is basically your playground like just cause 2 or grand theft auto for example. An open world game is a game like oblivion or fallout where you can interact with pretty much everything and everyone and the decisions you make affect the storyline. All the games you listed were simulations as far as I can tell (1 or 2 of them I havnt played I just have an idea of what they are)

Not sure I agree. Your definition of open world and sandbox both apply to the GTA series.
---
MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT WILL PIERCE THE HEAVENS
#19GingivitisLegPosted 10/18/2011 7:53:27 PM
I miss the days when game hold your hand and tell you want to do and where to go.

Now-A-Days all we have is open world games that tell us nothing, they just want us to spend hours lost in the game world and what not.
---
I'm never gonna dance again
Guilty feet have got no rhythm