This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Daytona USA HD footage

#1HENTAIDOJIPosted 10/19/2011 1:08:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBRXkEz1YLI

Classic all the way, not the 2001 Dreamcast game.
---
http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/4271/hentai1.jpg
#2rb10001Posted 10/19/2011 2:20:58 PM
bummer
#3TheArcadePosted 10/19/2011 2:32:19 PM(edited)
Not a bummer at all for those of us who kept the Dreamcast game...

This is perfect. Now all we need is Daytona 2!
---
Phantom Miria, Rippling Ophelia, Teresa of the Faint Smile, Galatea.
#4sausage54Posted 10/19/2011 3:20:28 PM
Release day purchase. This will get plenty of playing time.
---
Step ya life up!!
#5rb10001Posted 10/19/2011 3:47:43 PM
TheArcade posted...

i think it is. DC was forgotten like a bad habit by most thanks to PS2. now all these PS2 gamers are playing either crap ass DC ports or arcade ports. And to be honest even though I played the DC version to death can you picture that in HD when it already has great graphics? and as you know the DC version was no "remake" with better graphics, it had a lot of new content,
#6triple sPosted 10/19/2011 3:55:51 PM
This brings back memories. I remember about 15 years ago I was trying to decide if I should get a Sega Saturn or Playstation for Christmas and the reason I was really considering the Saturn was because of a Daytona USA/Sega Rally/Virtua Cop bundle with the system if I recall correctly. I choose the Playstation and I'm glad I did but Daytona USA was fun as hell back in the day in the arcades.
---
GT:Triple S 06
PSN:Triple_S_09
#7rb10001Posted 10/19/2011 4:04:08 PM
triple s posted...
This brings back memories. I remember about 15 years ago I was trying to decide if I should get a Sega Saturn or Playstation for Christmas and the reason I was really considering the Saturn was because of a Daytona USA/Sega Rally/Virtua Cop bundle with the system if I recall correctly. I choose the Playstation and I'm glad I did but Daytona USA was fun as hell back in the day in the arcades.

I picked that saturn bundle and the rest is history. did i learn? nope. i also picked the DC haha. but at least when both those systems were out there were a lot of great games. When i picked the saturn I had no money to go to PS1 when saturn died so yeah, it was brutal. Luckily when DC died I had money to afford video games and went to the xbox.
#8Solid SonicPosted 10/19/2011 4:13:16 PM

Now all we need is Daytona 2!

*Nods.*

Daytona 2 isn't much better than 1 as far as track count (still has just 3 tracks, plus a fourth point-to-point race if you played the Power Edition) but at least they're 3 NEW tracks.

Plus Virtua City is an awesome course.
---
The curse of bad taste is everywhere...what can you do to avoid it?
#9TheArcadePosted 10/19/2011 4:57:58 PM
rb10001 posted...
TheArcade posted...

i think it is. DC was forgotten like a bad habit by most thanks to PS2. now all these PS2 gamers are playing either crap ass DC ports or arcade ports. And to be honest even though I played the DC version to death can you picture that in HD when it already has great graphics? and as you know the DC version was no "remake" with better graphics, it had a lot of new content,

I am already satisfied with the games current state, no need to add any bells and whistles i.e. HD graphics. I don't want them to upscale my beautiful 480p game and I doubt creating a full on HD port would be financially viable for Sega.

The ones that needed to be ported were the 1st Arcade (which the Saturn version is based off of) and Daytona 2 which resembles the Daytona 2001 only it's a sequel. The Saturn version was fun back in the day but suffered from choppy frame rate and ran at like 30 frames per sec. This one is the full Arcade me and my niece played at the mall around month ago. I remember playing it often at my local mall when I was little. Always wondered what it would be like to play the full Arcade. Now I finally got my wish.

I also really want Daytona 2 as I've seen little of that. My Dreamcast is actively hooked up in both RGB & VGA. So an Xbox 360 or PS3 port in Component/HDMI is unnecessary IMO.
---
Phantom Miria, Rippling Ophelia, Teresa of the Faint Smile, Galatea.
#10JackTheRimmerPosted 10/19/2011 5:03:42 PM
nothing HD about that.Whats the point of "HD" if the Dreamcast 480p version looks 10x cleaner and better.

They need to stop putting HD at the end of these 20 year old games when there is nothing HD about them.