This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why can't I change my live password without changing my E-mail password?

#1bowwowfan20Posted 10/20/2011 9:30:09 AM
I don't want both of them to be the same thing :S
#2ZashulePosted 10/20/2011 1:32:52 PM
I take it you have a MS email (MSN/LIVE/Hotmail).
Unfortunately the password for that account is, well, the password for that whole account. Windows LIVE is Xbox Live, GamesforWindows, Hotmail, MSN, MSDN, Live.com, and more all in one. The only way around this is to set up a gmail or yahoo account and use that as your live login, then have a seperate LIVE password from you GMail/Yahoo password, but then you lose out on messenger (if that is a big deal)
---
http://backloggery.com/Zashule : Last 1000 Jericho : Last 200 Super Monkey Ball (WP7)
Current XBOX LIVE GS: 72,345 Next Goal: 80,000 GT: TBreit
#3CapwnDPosted 10/20/2011 1:59:07 PM

I take it you have a MS email (MSN/LIVE/Hotmail).
Unfortunately the password for that account is, well, the password for that whole account. Windows LIVE is Xbox Live, GamesforWindows, Hotmail, MSN, MSDN, Live.com, and more all in one. The only way around this is to set up a gmail or yahoo account and use that as your live login, then have a seperate LIVE password from you GMail/Yahoo password, but then you lose out on messenger (if that is a big deal)

You don't lose out on messenger.

However, I don't use my GT as my messenger account anyways. I don't use my GT email address anywhere at all except for my GT.
---
ready for a bit of the o' ultra-violence