This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You would rather have HD, remaster, or remake of games for 360?

#1knightimexPosted 10/20/2011 8:14:40 PM
Quick definition before you decide.

HD: Just an increase in resolution and nothing more (Resident evil 4)

Remaster: Textures doctored up, increased or added AA, frame rate boost, better shadows and lighting etc (N64's Perfect Dark)

Remake: Game is completely redone. (Super Street Fighter 2 turbo HD remix, Halo CE-A, Resident Evil 1 (gamecube), R-type XBLA

If anything remastered versions would probably be the best unless a remake is done right

1 disaster I can think of would be TMNT: reshelled. <------ Horrible remake.

There you have it.

Go!
---
I was yelled at in yahoo checkers for camping.
-_-
#2CyricsServantPosted 10/20/2011 8:17:10 PM
I guess remakes...

Specifically, I'd like to see a complete reimagining of Metal Gear. New boss fights, locations, dialogue between Snake and Big Boss, etc.
#3Who knowsPosted 10/20/2011 8:18:21 PM
KOTOR 1 & 2, BattleFront 2.

Remaster them. And the case of KOTOR 2, put in the rest of the content that was almost completely finished
---
Who Knows? I know.
Times people have replied to my topics with Who Knows? 50
#4Izick_the_SpyPosted 10/20/2011 8:20:32 PM
I would like a KOTOR 1 and 2 HD as well.
---
Pic is related- http://i.imgur.com/zaO8N.gif
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31481924&postcount=40
#5Scoter81Posted 10/20/2011 8:27:09 PM
knightimex posted...
Quick definition before you decide.

HD: Just an increase in resolution and nothing more (Resident evil 4)

Remaster: Textures doctored up, increased or added AA, frame rate boost, better shadows and lighting etc (N64's Perfect Dark)

Remake: Game is completely redone. (Super Street Fighter 2 turbo HD remix, Halo CE-A, Resident Evil 1 (gamecube), R-type XBLA

If anything remastered versions would probably be the best unless a remake is done right

1 disaster I can think of would be TMNT: reshelled. <------ Horrible remake.

There you have it.

Go!

The HD RE4 garbage has got to stop.

Remaster? I'd like to see one of these companies get off their ass and take the time to actually do that.

Remake: REmake was great. This HD label is fooling people they're buying a newer updated version of the game and it's working.
#6Cyborg1000Posted 10/20/2011 8:28:51 PM
I wouldn't really call Halo a remake, it's more of a remaster i think.
---
Xbox Live GT- ChrisHaloBoss
www.facebook.com/mardy423
#7SpiritRoverPosted 10/20/2011 8:33:33 PM
Just HD, some true widescreen support, and a touch of AA is good enough for me. So I'd probably say HD. As long as they don't cut corners in other areas, such as RE4HD's poor audio (which is not even in Stereo or ProLogic II). It is a shame that Capcom did that to RE4HD. They even removed a lot of sound effects and changed voices for some enemies that did not need to be messed with (see the Garrador's grunt when you shoot him in the back).

Eh... I guess I'd say a cross between an HD upgrade and a remaster is sufficient for me. Remakes are tough to get right without the original development team around to handle the project. Changing even the smallest detail "for the better" can greatly impact a game's overall atmosphere a lot of times for the worse. It's a huge risk.

Resident Evil 1 was remade with Shinji Mikami and co. on board. That is why it worked. Other full remakes haven't been as fortunate due to having a totally different team in charge of the remade version's production.
#8knightimex(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2011 8:37:11 PM
Scoter81 posted...

Remaster? I'd like to see one of these companies get off their ass and take the time to actually do that.

Remake: REmake was great. This HD label is fooling people they're buying a newer updated version of the game and it's working.

Just don't expect remastered games to cost $20.

Especially more complex games like re4
---
-_-
#9Scoter81Posted 10/20/2011 8:53:16 PM
knightimex posted...
Scoter81 posted...

Just don't expect remastered games to cost $20.

Especially more complex games like re4

True, I expect them to cost $10 tops.
#10knightimex(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2011 9:12:44 PM
Scoter81 posted...
True, I expect them to cost $10 tops.

So do I, but it's not going to happen.
---
-_-