This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You would rather have HD, remaster, or remake of games for 360?

#11HulkxxSMASHPosted 10/20/2011 9:30:36 PM
Neither - spend time making new games.

I have my older gen consoles still in working condition and have the games I wanted.
---
Hulk is strongest one there is... Hulk is... only one there is... only one... there... is... Hulk feels... cold
#12Ultrakill876xPosted 10/20/2011 9:59:37 PM
since 343 Industries Re-made halo CE, why not have them re-make halo 2 to join its ranks

to me, it seems like a project that may happen in the future, and I can definitely speak for those who HAVE thought of this idea but not actually talked about it (yet) that the idea of a remake of halo 2 to be redone (graphics wise, maybe some weapons) for the 360 would be nice

you could even do some matchmaking (no halo reach exclusive maps, but halo 2 matchmaking maps) to relive the old glory days when people did stuff that I cannot for the life of me remember

.......also, since they remade Halo CE into Halo CE-A, anyone willing to bet we'll still see the secret marine on the flood level (cookies to whoever remembers this Easter egg from the original game)

so unless its a game that fans aren't willing to part with, my choice is remake it for the 360, try to keep it as close to the original as you can, but improve some stuff to make it look and function at least at a modicum of its old self, but still have the re-freshness and experience that gamers are looking for now-a-days
---
"I absolve you of all of your sins, now get the **** out"<-----------Machete
Xbox live GT: King Kickass99
#13metroidman92Posted 10/20/2011 10:13:50 PM
I don't know how you'd categorize it, but whatever 343 is doing with Halo Anniversary. New Textures, remade music (with the option of the original soundtrack), new extras (terminals, skulls).

That.
---
There was only one ship... they called it The Pillar of Autumn...
#14metroidman92Posted 10/20/2011 10:16:08 PM
Ultrakill876x posted...
.......also, since they remade Halo CE into Halo CE-A, anyone willing to bet we'll still see the secret marine on the flood level (cookies to whoever remembers this Easter egg from the original game)

All original eggs will make it in. Same with the cool glitches, secret spots, etc. I'm thoroughly excited for the 15th. =)
---
There was only one ship... they called it The Pillar of Autumn...
#15SnowFox7Posted 10/20/2011 10:49:24 PM
Ideally, I'd want a remake of some of my favorite classics. But, I don't really trust any of the current big companies in the industry to not screw them up so bad that they'd be total junk.

So I guess I'd go with the remastered thing, like with PD.

And games that I'd like to see remastered and put on the arcade/GoD, or, ideally, remade in a way that is true to the original concept... Hrmmm...

Well, Killer Instinct comes to mind, all other fighting games have been garbage compared to it imo. So yeah, there's that.

DMC 1 and 3, which need only be remastered, as I don't see any way of actually improving those games, all they could do would be mess them up, so yeah... And joy, they actually are doing that! Pretty sweet, especially with the absolutely trash looking DMC5 on the way, will be a nice pickmeup to have some good DMC games to play again now that I no longer have a ps2.

And I know this ones a longshot, but I'd love to see X-com: UFO Defense, with Vs. support, and better AI. Again, I know they are putting out a new game with the Xcom name, but it doesn't look at all like X-com... From what I understand, they basically started making a completely different game, then bought and tacked on the X-com name half way through, then renamed something in the game to elerium and called it a sequel. Derp.

Oh, and I know this ones not from an older gen, but I'd love to see them take another crack at Shadowrun... Seemed like the best FPS game I've ever played... In concept... But in practice, it felt like they got 30% of the way through it, then the budget dried up and they shoved it out. Great ideas in the game, but it just needed a lot more fleshing out.

Meh, could prolly go on all day with every game I ever liked, but tbh, there's no need to remake every good game... Would rather see them make good new games instead. The games mentioned I only think should get remakes because honestly, I place them at the top of their genre, and I don't think the industry will put out anything else in that genre as good for at least years.

tl;dr - Meh, doesn't matter, just me pining for some old classics. :P
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDfMBd7FyZU
Welcome to the new dark ages
#16Scoter81Posted 10/20/2011 10:57:30 PM
SnowFox7 posted...
Ideally, I'd want a remake of some of my favorite classics. But, I don't really trust any of the current big companies in the industry to not screw them up so bad that they'd be total junk.

So I guess I'd go with the remastered thing, like with PD.

And games that I'd like to see remastered and put on the arcade/GoD, or, ideally, remade in a way that is true to the original concept... Hrmmm...

Well, Killer Instinct comes to mind, all other fighting games have been garbage compared to it imo. So yeah, there's that.

DMC 1 and 3, which need only be remastered, as I don't see any way of actually improving those games, all they could do would be mess them up, so yeah... And joy, they actually are doing that! Pretty sweet, especially with the absolutely trash looking DMC5 on the way, will be a nice pickmeup to have some good DMC games to play again now that I no longer have a ps2.

And I know this ones a longshot, but I'd love to see X-com: UFO Defense, with Vs. support, and better AI. Again, I know they are putting out a new game with the Xcom name, but it doesn't look at all like X-com... From what I understand, they basically started making a completely different game, then bought and tacked on the X-com name half way through, then renamed something in the game to elerium and called it a sequel. Derp.

Oh, and I know this ones not from an older gen, but I'd love to see them take another crack at Shadowrun... Seemed like the best FPS game I've ever played... In concept... But in practice, it felt like they got 30% of the way through it, then the budget dried up and they shoved it out. Great ideas in the game, but it just needed a lot more fleshing out.

Meh, could prolly go on all day with every game I ever liked, but tbh, there's no need to remake every good game... Would rather see them make good new games instead. The games mentioned I only think should get remakes because honestly, I place them at the top of their genre, and I don't think the industry will put out anything else in that genre as good for at least years.

tl;dr - Meh, doesn't matter, just me pining for some old classics. :P

didn't even read the tl;dr version.
#17googlerPosted 10/21/2011 1:52:16 AM
For the most part, id be happy with a remastering if the game was already good enough to begin with, or even a slapped-together port like RE4, and I would've died a happy man if that's all they did with Silent Hill instead of that lame ass reimaging.
Otherwise a complete remake takes way too long to re-do an entire game.
#18sockesockePosted 10/21/2011 2:22:23 AM
remakes for newer games and remasters for older games.
---
http://backloggery.com/sockesocke
#19SnowFox7Posted 10/21/2011 5:10:40 PM
Scoter81 posted...

I'm sorry good sir, but your statement was not nearly competent enough for me to be bothered retaining. Please refrain from using your impaired attention span and/or reading level as an excuse to antagonize others.

However, in an effort to alleviate your woes concerning overly articulated messages posted on this board, might I direct you to this fine repository of information, which I presume would be better suited to one of your, shall we say... limited cognitive faculties:

http://tinyurl.com/3lppfbe
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDfMBd7FyZU
Welcome to the new dark ages
#20Scoter81Posted 10/22/2011 8:50:53 PM
SnowFox7 posted...
Scoter81 posted...

I'm sorry good sir,
http://tinyurl.com/3lppfbe

I accept your apology and stopped reading there.