This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

wow xbox getting alot of rpgs 1Q 2012

#31King_Of_SpamPosted 10/22/2011 4:47:52 PM
LEGEND_KILLERRR posted...
Kingdom Under Fire II
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Mass Effect 3
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Looks nice!

i only see 2 rpgs. ff 13-2 and the witcher
---
9/11 was an inside job.
#32Firespark1Posted 10/22/2011 5:34:07 PM
LandfillAO posted...
robat223 posted...
Mass Effect 3 is an RPG. RPGs are not defined by bad inventory systems, turn-based battles, and save the princess stories.

Mass Effect has choices that effect outcomes, level progression, and an experience where you play a role.

Thus, it is a role playing game with (a lot of) action elements.

Not that it really matters. All that matters is that it is a good GAME.

^ This. It's funny how all these "hardcore" RPGers don't even know the definition of RPG. It's not bad inventory, clunky combat or pointless loot. It's about playing the role of a character through choices, upgrades etc. And few, if any games do it better than ME.

Mass Effect 3 & The Witcher 2 are day one buys.

And lol @ the Sony fanboys.

Everyone have their own opinion of the definition of RPG, so its really hard to narrow it down to certain type. But imo, the main aspect of any RPG is stats. Some of the earliest RPG games had some form of stats system. MMORPG are heavily based on loots and stats.

I wouldn't really say choice are a large aspect of RPG since some games I played do have choice, but aren't really RPG. Bioware does have some of the best dialogue and story in WRPG while Bethesda hit on the RPG elements.

As for upcoming RPG for me, none of those really peak my interest, but I'll keep an eye on them. What I'm really looking forward to are FFXIII Versus and Borderland 2(rpg/shooting).
#33DahlVaughnniPosted 10/22/2011 5:47:51 PM
bronze4v4pro posted...
kingdoms of amalur reckoning will be the best rpg this generation. Mark my words.

You're going to be very very disappointed. Mark my words. It might turn out to be great, but because you hyped it up so much, you're going to find it shallow and you will find that the advertised features for it are tacked on.

You really aren't doing the game any favors by advertising it here. We all know it exists, the only thing you're doing is making us want to stay away from it so that we stay as far away from you in tastes as possible. You've already made it sound like the losery underdog game of 2012.
---
Gamertag & PSN: Archlvt
FFCC: EOT FC - 0261 0047 8986
#34Darkcloud20Posted 10/22/2011 5:57:39 PM
SuperSuikoden posted...
I just want jrpgs not wrpgs. Only one for me FF13-2.

Yeah I was wondering I only remembered FF 13-2 as an RPG I was looking forward to on the 360. Then I saw the list. I play WRPGs in generall on the PC. Would do the same with JRPGs but most of them are exclusive to consoles.
#35LandfillAOPosted 10/22/2011 6:30:39 PM
Firespark1 posted...
Everyone have their own opinion of the definition of RPG, so its really hard to narrow it down to certain type. But imo, the main aspect of any RPG is stats. Some of the earliest RPG games had some form of stats system. MMORPG are heavily based on loots and stats.

I wouldn't really say choice are a large aspect of RPG since some games I played do have choice, but aren't really RPG. Bioware does have some of the best dialogue and story in WRPG while Bethesda hit on the RPG elements.

As for upcoming RPG for me, none of those really peak my interest, but I'll keep an eye on them. What I'm really looking forward to are FFXIII Versus and Borderland 2(rpg/shooting).

I think choice is a big RPG element. It is the literal definition of role playing game. Obviously GTA4 isn't an RPG, in the same way San Andraes was not an RPG because it had character stats. But it IS an RPG element. By your logic stats does not define an RPG because it's in games that aren't RPGs.

All I'm saying, is that saying Mass Effect 2 isn't an RPG just because it has good combat, and lacks disastrous inventory and pointless loot is absurd. It still has choice, player progression, stats, upgrades - the lot.
#36SuperSuikodenPosted 10/22/2011 8:20:50 PM
Darkcloud20 posted...
SuperSuikoden posted...
I just want jrpgs not wrpgs. Only one for me FF13-2.

Yeah I was wondering I only remembered FF 13-2 as an RPG I was looking forward to on the 360. Then I saw the list. I play WRPGs in generall on the PC. Would do the same with JRPGs but most of them are exclusive to consoles.

And I like Dark Cloud =)
---
My YouTube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheViviTrance
#37EiEiPosted 10/23/2011 1:51:19 AM
Can't wait.
---
A brilliant source of entertaining gaming & sports articles: http://tatfortit.wordpress.com/category/video-games