This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what are some good offline multiplayer game thats come out in the last 2 years?

#1HUfan4LPosted 10/22/2011 11:16:55 PM
Topic
---
ACR,MW3,Skyrim, and WWE 12 I'm gonna be broke XD
#2poultrygeist1Posted 10/22/2011 11:22:02 PM
Well you can just take a bunch of online multiplayer games that have split screen functionality (halo, call of duty games, left 4 dead, etc.)

If you want a great party game, I'd recommend You Don't Know Jack. It's funny and it's a game you can even convince your non gamer friends to have fun with.

Otherwise games are moving more and more away from local multiplayer because 15 year old TVs are apparently better at split screen than the giant HD TVs we have nowadays.
#3dantheengineerPosted 10/23/2011 1:49:49 AM
Portal 2 has a great split screen co-op
Crimson Alliance is pretty good if you like Gauntlet, but pretty short
The Lego games are surprisingly fun, even for the more mature gamer, and have great seamless co-op.

Unfortunately as the above poster said split screen is dying out. I disagree that it is because of the TVs, because I think split screen works much better with the larger screen size than with the old square format. It just seems that online multiplayer is what is popular so couch co-op isn't getting any love.
---
I used to play Battletoads on a 2" B&W TV w/ no sound & a half broken controller in 10' of snow uphill both ways! You kids don't know what hard is!