This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which game is the overall best game this generation?

#1HerrxPosted 10/23/2011 9:00:23 AM
Which game do you feel is the overall best in this generation and please list why you think that?
---
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine - Humphrey Bogart - Casablanca
#2ObtikPosted 10/23/2011 9:24:59 AM
Gears of War for fluid and intuitive cover system
---
If you want peace, prepare for war!
#3killer_smurfPosted 10/23/2011 9:34:22 AM
Gears 3, great graphics, solid campaign and fun multiplayer
#4Enix BelmontPosted 10/23/2011 9:38:21 AM
I like Mass Effect 2 and Bayonetta
---
http://i38.tinypic.com/15mk29j.jpg
#5EiEiPosted 10/23/2011 9:39:21 AM
Some of the best games this gen:

Mass Effect 2
RDR
Batman
---
A brilliant source of entertaining gaming & sports articles: http://tatfortit.wordpress.com/category/video-games
#6Iwata_MiyamotoPosted 10/23/2011 9:41:17 AM
Mass Efect 2. Engrossing plot, intruiging characters, and smooth combat. And I'm sure that bounds to change come March.
---
"Why is the alternative to too little emphasis on online play too much emphasis on online play?"-Vyers
#7AApt24Posted 10/23/2011 9:48:10 AM
Why is it people can't read? The topic asked for a single number one, and you already got people giving lists. Seriously. Its simple grammar. And if if you can't make up your mind, then don't answer.

Oh, I'm gonna go with Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, because its the only game I'm never gotten rid of since buying it way back when. I still play it to this day.
---
"This Year in Jerusalem."
#8PrealienkingPosted 10/23/2011 9:49:22 AM
Right now I am stuck between Gears of War 3 and Portal 2.

Portal 2 had such a tight, refined experience accompanied by enjoyable commentary by GlaDos, Wheatley, and Cave Johnson.

but...

Gears of War 3 did so much more in it's development time, and it did it almost as tight as Portal 2 did. I never broke out laughing over lemons, but I did almost break down into tears.

So...
I guess, if I absolutely had to choose, I would say Gears of War 3. Even if they are pretty even in gameplay and story refinements, then graphics are the deciding factor, and...Gears of War 3 just looks baffling.
---
Currently Working on -
Warning: all posts after Midnight Central Time are a form of natural high that occurs due to lack of sleep.
#99cupsofteaPosted 10/23/2011 10:03:54 AM
Whatever that last overhyped 'triple A' game was. Yeah, that was the best EVER.
#10Superlinkbros89Posted 10/23/2011 10:58:04 AM
Red Dead Redemption. Just thinking about it makes me want to turn off my computer and play it.
---
Imagine making a good RPG, but massively fail at it. If you can't do that, don't be Peter Molyneux.