This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which game is the overall best game this generation?

#121NemerlightPosted 10/31/2011 7:22:01 AM
Mass Effect 2. Overall best because i felt like everything about the game was perfect. Controls, story, graphics and enough content to last you atleast for few playthroughs.

Have to add Oblivion and Fallout New Vegas as top games too.
---
8/10 for misspelling tilapia. - DarkshineKnight
#122Halochief6Posted 10/31/2011 7:49:09 AM
SnowFox7 posted...
JRPG: ToV
WRPG: Skyrim
FPS: PDZ
Niche FPS: L4D2
Puzzle/story: Portal 2
Action: Bayonetta
Sandbox: Minecraft.

Joke post?
Not to mention one of those games hasn't even come out yet.

Is Minecraft really even considered a sandbox?
---
GT - Legendaryicon3 - Currently Playing Gears of War 3
http://potd.wetpaint.com/page/Video+Game+Character+Battle
#123Carribean_CoolPosted 11/1/2011 11:34:54 AM
What's PDZ?
---
Snitsky's Condoms. If she get's pregnant, it's not your fault.
#124HulkxxSMASHPosted 11/1/2011 11:49:22 AM
Surely 'the best' would be one which everyone unanimously agrees with?

This proves that there is no 'best'. Topic should be 'favourite' as this question will, and has, only led to conflict.
---
Hulk is strongest one there is... Hulk is... only one there is... only one... there... is... Hulk feels... cold
#125SnowFox7Posted 11/1/2011 5:32:49 PM

SnowFox7 posted...
JRPG: ToV
WRPG: Skyrim
FPS: PDZ
Niche FPS: L4D2
Puzzle/story: Portal 2
Action: Bayonetta
Sandbox: Minecraft.

Joke post?
Not to mention one of those games hasn't even come out yet.

Is Minecraft really even considered a sandbox?

Nope, not a joke post, just a different opinion than yours.

I did in fact prefer PDZ out of all the other shooters this gen... Halo had terriblly few guns, was way too much about gun control, vehicles, and map control, as opposed to actual gunplay and skill based gameplay. It also had an unbelievably amount of autoaim, terribly limited lobby, awful community, and etc. Plenty of reasons why I didn't like the Halo games as much as PDZ. Wasn't even in the same league for me.

The military shooters, well, those are even worse to me. I hate ironsights, I hate ultra fast body kills, I hate realism styles, I hate military themes, I hate the gritty color schemes, and I hate the vehicles and unimaginative weapon sets. Doesn't matter to me if it's CoD, BF, Medal of Honor, Socom, wtf ever... I hated them all, even if they did have aspects buried in them that were well designed, it wasn't nearly enough for me to actually enjoy any of those games.

GoW. Eh. Not the worst games, but I just found them boring. At least they were fairly skill based, that was a plus, but it also felt way too geared towards map control, and lag was a BIG issue when I tried it. The host had a very distinct advantage, but I assume they have since fixed that. I really just didn't like the 4v4 style, I missed my FFA 16-32 play matches, the infection rounds, the Dark Ops hardcore PvP for a real challenge, Team Slayer and CTF for general fun, and all the other gametypes for the once in a while change of pace.

But yeah, I've tried, but I just can't get into those casual shooters. I know, they sell way more, and the industry is gonna keep making them for that reason, but that fact doesn't mean I think it's the best game. Madden outsells plenty of my all time favs, and guess what? I still think it's boring as **** lol. Same goes for Halo and those military shooters, and GoW if that doesn't count as the latter, and what else does that leave on the FPS market? A bunch of niche titles... Well, mine would be PDZ. :P
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDfMBd7FyZU
Welcome to the new dark ages
#126ArnoldtheRedPosted 11/1/2011 8:26:27 PM
Carribean_Cool posted...
What's PDZ?

Perfect Dark Zero
#127desert_santaPosted 11/1/2011 8:53:24 PM
the mass effect trilogy for me due to reasons already stated

i also liked enjoyed that it was a third person shooter rpg, as it's different from other action rpgs that have been around for years

this gen was also the first time i tried first person rpgs too, not a huge fan but it was a lot better than i expected!

there are half a dozen other games this gen i would rate as highly but they all happen to be standalone games and not a trilogy so.........(except the psp one but i had to import part one and who knows if they will translate the rest)
#128nohomers_Posted 11/1/2011 10:00:04 PM
Brutal Legend
---
Hold your head up high! Put your fist up in the air!
Play metal louder than hell! (Louder than hell!)---Manowar
#129Reel_Big_MikePosted 11/1/2011 10:05:47 PM
GTA IV
----
XBL GT: Reel Big Mike