This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Battlefield 3 GI review: "best FPS campaign since CoD4" 9.5/10

#11PrealienkingPosted 10/24/2011 3:54:36 AM
I'll judge this for myself tomorrow.

I will take this for a victory. Hopefully this means that I won't be frowning the entire time I play the campaign, like I did with Bad Company 2.
---
Currently Working on -
Warning: all posts after Midnight Central Time are a form of natural high that occurs due to lack of sleep.
#12TimberWolfBobbyPosted 10/24/2011 4:07:50 AM
creepjack posted...
Joystiq are the trolls of the video game reviews business. I don't care what they say.

Wow. So far from the truth it's laughable. I trust their reviews, and prefer them over any other website/publication.
---
"maybe its time to change your name to timberwolfrobert" - brunbbmerc
GT: TenaciousBobby
#13CapnStankyPosted 10/24/2011 6:21:34 AM
Comparing a campaign to a series of games with terrible campaigns isnt reassuring.
#14Dragon NexusPosted 10/24/2011 10:08:50 AM
Honestly, CoD4 was the last CoD game with a campaign I didn't think was laughably over the stop and melodramatic to the point of wanting to choke myself to death on the stars and stripes.

CoD4 had a gritty storyline that did a much better job as suspending your disbelief. It was about a single rogue agent and his actions thoughout several decades to try and topple the west. That's believable.

Finding a single russian nut ball succeeding in instigating an invasion of the United States which could only be foiled by a high atmosphere nuclear detonation instigated by one rogue British former SAS operative was just ridiculous.
---
"I don't know, it's an impossible choice...I just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me."
#15SiegePosted 10/24/2011 10:12:19 AM
Gametrailers said that it was done before and only at 5 hours, how can it be the best since CoD4? If sounds a lot like BLOPS.
---
Causing drama for the moderators since December 2000.
#16magemaximusPosted 10/25/2011 5:28:04 PM
IGN gave the 360 version a 9.0.
---
You can't persuade fanboys. You'd be better off trying to convince a wall. ~CodeNamePlasmaSnake~