This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dang it why do i have too be so cheap i can't bring myself to buy anything...

#1HUfan4LPosted 10/24/2011 11:27:02 PM
Even though i have 175 bucks... Just thought i'd get that out there lol.
---
ACR,MW3,Skyrim, and WWE 12 I'm gonna be broke XD
#2BrownGrownManPosted 10/24/2011 11:44:34 PM
I'm the opposite way, I buy too much and I never get to enjoy any of the games fully. I remember when I used to only own one new game at a time and played the hell out of it. Never really got the whole Oblivion/Halo 3 experience over again.
#3LinkIsSpartanPosted 10/24/2011 11:49:45 PM
BrownGrownMan posted...
I'm the opposite way, I buy too much and I never get to enjoy any of the games fully. I remember when I used to only own one new game at a time and played the hell out of it. Never really got the whole Oblivion/Halo 3 experience over again.

Me too. Games are real cheap these days. The way i see it, i could go out clubbing and spend a couple of hundred and get nothing in return. With all that money i could get thousands of hours in entairnment. But of course, when a man is given too many options he becomes unhappy.
---
[ O o SKYLINE o O ] PSN : Reach_will_Fall
March 21st, the world wept when i took my first breath
#4chrono625Posted 10/25/2011 12:47:30 AM
LinkIsSpartan posted...
BrownGrownMan posted...

Me too. Games are real cheap these days. The way i see it, i could go out clubbing and spend a couple of hundred and get nothing in return. With all that money i could get thousands of hours in entairnment. But of course, when a man is given too many options he becomes unhappy.

If you spend a couple of hundred going out and getting nothing you're doing it wrong.
---
http://tinyurl.com/3mfqvsa - Victor Cruz, ballin' on the Iggles.
#5CapwnDPosted 10/25/2011 12:54:04 AM
If you go clubbing it's confirmed that I hate you.
---
As Above, So Below
#6SnowFox7Posted 10/25/2011 1:52:23 AM
Why would you hate someone because they go clubbing? doesn't automatically mean he's some jersey shore douchebag lol.

Besides, he makes a good point, all the people complaining about game prices are likely either little kids with an allowance, or don't go out much. It's so easy to go out to whatever avenue of choice you have and blow so much money these days... A couple hundred is not really hard to rack up, especially if it's one of those nights where you just say screw it and get too lax with your monies.

Hopefully we get at least a few more nice days here. Little chilly for a party in the woods, but not too chilly for a bonfire party... Once winter hits, it's indoors parties only, least at night, and then staying home and curling up with a good game like Skyrim starts to sound like the most awesomest idea lol.

Anyway, point is, I'm definitely of the school of thought that games can be a ridiculously good entertainment value for what they cost. Not all of them obviously, some are terrible deals, and some are just plain terrible. But Skyrim? Pft... I'm so getting my monies worth on that one lol. probably 300+ hours, before you even count the countless mods that will come out for it on the PC.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDfMBd7FyZU
Welcome to the new dark ages
#7LinkIsSpartanPosted 10/25/2011 2:57:10 AM
Whats wrong with clubbing? The Sydney night-life is awesome ...even though alot of the better clubs were closed in last couple of years. Yeh ive had my fair share but im over it. Now i just get pissed with friends at a house.
---
[ O o SKYLINE o O ] PSN : Reach_will_Fall
March 21st, the world wept when i took my first breath
#8SaraAB87Posted 10/25/2011 9:21:45 AM
Obviously depends on where you live, clubbing sucks here and is a waste of money, if you want to talk with friends buy a case of beer and go to someone's house, its cheaper that way. Because that is pretty much what goes on at clubs here, you talk with friends and buy expensive drinks and stand at a bar, not exactly my idea of entertainment.

Games are a ridiculously good value for what you are getting, you have to buy a console, but considering that console will let you play many games its well worth it. Its completely possible to find games that you can play for over a hundred hours for less than $10. Compare that to $10 per person going out to a movie for a couple hours at most and its a good value. A family can spend $10 for a new video game to play together, or they can spend over $50 for one night at the movies that only lasts a couple hours.
---
Apple Gamecenter username : SaraAB87
#9CapwnDPosted 10/25/2011 4:45:50 PM(edited)
When I hear clubbing I think of going to a club where you stand in line to get in, you buy ridiculously overpriced alcohol and mingle with "beautiful" people.

I'd rather just go out, going to whatever bar is fun, may be a nice bar or may be crappy bar.... where the music and the people are awesome. A bonus would be if they have Foosball and/or pool. If that's what you mean by clubbing then I retract my statement.
---
As Above, So Below
#10WinternovaPosted 10/25/2011 4:47:29 PM
I'd go strip-clubbing. :)
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(AFC Champs), Red Wings(Central Champs)