This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Yesterday I was just thining, what if GTA dropped a trailer...

#1calinksPosted 10/25/2011 5:29:10 AM
Damn, must be psychic hehe! I'm so excited for this trailer. Between that and Saints Row, my city sandbox void will again be filled. Been too loin since I had some games like these to screw around in, I REALLY hope Rockstar brings a city that has a lot of fun things to do. I really loved GTA IV's engine/look but I felt like we couldn't anything.
---
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite post on gamefaqs!
#2FocianPosted 10/25/2011 5:30:19 AM
I was discussing this with a mate yesterday. Sufficed to say that I did not think we would hear *anything* until early next year.

I now need to buy a hat to eat...
---
GT/PSN: Focian-
People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. Chaos is born from loving things, and using people.
#3calinks(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2011 5:32:01 AM
Haha! Did he say it was going to happen soon?
---
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite post on gamefaqs!
#4FocianPosted 10/25/2011 5:35:04 AM
His exact words "We'll hear something by the end of the year!"

To which I gave the smart ass and slightly sarcastic reply: "Yeah, because that's the time to announce it; when, over the course of the next month, some of the biggest titles of the last couple of years are released..."

Now I feel like an idiot, and the only way this can be remedied is if I am the one to tell him of the news.

Ah well. Just goes to show what I know... XD
---
GT/PSN: Focian-
People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. Chaos is born from loving things, and using people.
#5PLCDPosted 10/25/2011 5:36:40 AM
XD

I think they did this to try and rain a little on Saints Rows parade. Friendly rivalry.
---
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.
#6Vivi0198Posted 10/25/2011 5:41:31 AM
PL CD posted...
XD

I think they did this to try and rain a little on Saints Rows parade. Friendly rivalry.

With all due respect to Saints Row... they're not even in the same league. I'm buying Saints Row 3 and it's gonna be amazing but GTA is the king of not only the genre but of the gaming world only rivaled in popularity by Call of Duty.
---
If you believe in Vivi0198 and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature.
#7PLCDPosted 10/25/2011 5:48:48 AM
Popularity/sales wise sure but to as a gamer I hold them on the same level. I also think Saints Row 3 is going to be a landmark title for volition sales wise dwarfing the last two titles.
---
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.
#8Vivi0198Posted 10/25/2011 5:53:03 AM
PL CD posted...
Popularity/sales wise sure but to as a gamer I hold them on the same level. I also think Saints Row 3 is going to be a landmark title for volition sales wise dwarfing the last two titles.

Like I said I think SR3 is going to be amazing but when it's all said and done I have complete faith that Rockstar will once again make a brilliant game. Not that I care cause unlike most I will play and love both.
---
If you believe in Vivi0198 and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature.
#9impatientpersonPosted 10/25/2011 6:10:58 AM
Vivi's right... Saint's Row is an awesome series... but in name power and just status inside and outside of the gaming industry, it doesn't come close to the level of GTA. Gameplay wise it's a matter of opinion of course, but tech quality and what not is what Rockstar are experts at.
---
Avoid this user:
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/user.php?board=927246&topic=44002798
#10Dragon NexusPosted 10/25/2011 6:52:42 AM

With all due respect to Saints Row... they're not even in the same league.

Different league, different ball park, different effing game.

I always liken the SR vs GTA rivalry as arguing whether Burnout or Forza is better.
---
"I don't know, it's an impossible choice...I just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me."