This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, did Rage meet your expectations, or were you disappointed?

#1andizzle29662Posted 10/25/2011 1:33:41 PM
I was alittle let down. First, Id software lied about it being a open world game. This is a very linear game with slight exploration. Your are always on a straight path to your objective. I think the graphics are top notch for console, probably the best console can do right now, but the actual game is a let down. The game has way to many fetch quests, and just not enough mission variety. The ending was a let down too. What did you think?
---
I want to know if any of yall like me as a poster, let me know what you think! Hit me up via message
#2d3z1i0bPosted 10/25/2011 1:41:51 PM
Not disappointed, but it was a bit below my expectations. Like you said, it's very linear and alot of fetch quests.
#3The_DjokerPosted 10/25/2011 1:46:39 PM
Didn't have any expectations, rented it, beat it, good game, not great.

I think though if i hyped the game i would be dissapointed...it was hyped as this massive game and with 3 discs you would expect that...it was too short and too linear from what people expected.
---
http://s2.postimage.org/5zd4anbwq/The_Djokerlol.png
#4shagadelicPosted 10/25/2011 1:47:32 PM
It more than met my expectations. Great game, had a blast with it.
#5tehjoey9170Posted 10/25/2011 2:12:11 PM
The only things that disappointed me was the length of the game, the crappy ending and the clumsy way of selecting weapons.

Other than that, a solid 8/10 game.
---
I'm not biased,I hate all systems equally
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/red/Joey9170.jpg
#6hellbringherPosted 10/25/2011 2:25:18 PM
tehjoey9170 posted...
The only things that disappointed me was the length of the game, the crappy ending and the clumsy way of selecting weapons.

This is the definition of a reassurance topic. I was beyond hyped for this. Preorder and everything. Love fps's and little else. Looked amazing and was all excited for the "next great" shooter from Id. Started the game and it was all good. Got to wellsprings and the game all of sudden was getting repetitive and you could see the beginning of a great start becoming something different. I think I have every shooter possible and I do not sell or trade them because I can find enjoyment in that genre in various ways. Hidden treasures, difficulty levels and it's just fun to shoot guns. I sold this game after a week of playing. I finished the first disc in 6 hours and the game in 9. Absolutely no replay value and it just didn't "feel" like a normal game. It's almost like Id was more concerned with showing you their technical genius that they forgot to make a game. It felt like the gaming segments were only there to push you further into areas that they were visually proud of. It's hard to describe. It is the first 3d game I have played where I felt like my character was being pushed in the back and forced to move forward instead of stopping to enjoy the game. Almost the equivalent of super Mario bros in the respect that once you have seen it there is no going back. "breathes"
---
Brah
#7aya469Posted 10/25/2011 3:15:17 PM
hellbringher posted...
tehjoey9170 posted...

This is the definition of a reassurance topic. I was beyond hyped for this. Preorder and everything. Love fps's and little else. Looked amazing and was all excited for the "next great" shooter from Id. Started the game and it was all good. Got to wellsprings and the game all of sudden was getting repetitive and you could see the beginning of a great start becoming something different. I think I have every shooter possible and I do not sell or trade them because I can find enjoyment in that genre in various ways. Hidden treasures, difficulty levels and it's just fun to shoot guns. I sold this game after a week of playing. I finished the first disc in 6 hours and the game in 9. Absolutely no replay value and it just didn't "feel" like a normal game. It's almost like Id was more concerned with showing you their technical genius that they forgot to make a game. It felt like the gaming segments were only there to push you further into areas that they were visually proud of. It's hard to describe. It is the first 3d game I have played where I felt like my character was being pushed in the back and forced to move forward instead of stopping to enjoy the game. Almost the equivalent of super Mario bros in the respect that once you have seen it there is no going back. "breathes"

wow you must have plowed thru the game as I've done a paltry 5 side missions for the acheevo and my playtime is like 8 hours 50 minutes and I just got prompted to use the 2nd disc
---
Seriously, who farted?
#8LordSepiroth666Posted 10/25/2011 4:30:18 PM
no it made me rage
---
How bout a nice cup of shut the F up?
#9ACHEEKSMALLOYPosted 10/25/2011 4:33:56 PM
d3z1i0b posted...
Not disappointed, but it was a bit below my expectations. Like you said, it's very linear and alot of fetch quests.

this. and the ending is atrocious
---
http://almightycheeks.hubpages.com/
#10themerlinPosted 10/25/2011 4:40:58 PM
Graphics are glorious but gameplay was bare bones and lacked depth.
---
As the world plunges into chaos, in this the final days of the wretched human race, there is only one antidote to this misery.....THE ELECTRIC WIZARD.