This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Almost 2 years later, my friend got perma banned...

#1NightMarishPiePosted 10/25/2011 4:49:59 PM
for changing his avatar skin color to green. I mean, yes he did do a little hex editing, but I can't really say that was justified. A temp ban sure, but perma, I don't know. I'm not sure which is more silly though, it taking them 2 years to notice it, or the fact they perma banned him. Shrug*
---
"Who dares, wins"
XBL: The Armada
#2WinternovaPosted 10/25/2011 4:51:57 PM
NightMarishPie posted...
for changing his avatar skin color to green. I mean, yes he did do a little hex editing, but I can't really say that was justified. A temp ban sure, but perma, I don't know. I'm not sure which is more silly though, it taking them 2 years to notice it, or the fact they perma banned him. Shrug*

I'd say the silly thing was changing the skin to green and earning the Permanent Suspension.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(AFC Champs), Red Wings(Central Champs)
#3KanokarePosted 10/25/2011 4:52:21 PM
It took 2 years for someone to finally report him most likely. Modding is modding though :/
---
XBL / PSN - Kanokare // Steam - Shannaro
3DS - Kanokare 1289-8224-7448 // Wii - 7539 2861 8425 1344
#4NightMarishPie(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2011 4:55:54 PM

It took 2 years for someone to finally report him most likely. Modding is modding though :/

Agreed, not saying he didn't have it coming, but yeah.
---
"Who dares, wins"
XBL: The Armada
#5_KKPosted 10/25/2011 5:05:08 PM
So he really kept his avatar like that for two years?
---
"...and here come the ****sexual insults. That's classy, man."
-MantleNotMouse
#6GobizkuPosted 10/25/2011 5:08:04 PM
NightMarishPie posted...

Then you haven't read the code of conduct. Whether or not you personally feel like he should be banned for that is irrelevant, the only thing that matters is what the people who created the rules think about it. And the policy for that, in all cases, is a permanent ban.
---
"Chaos Is Not Entropy...Chaos Is Continual Creation." -Praxis
Preparation For A Coming Darkness