This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Was GTA IV that bad?

#1Carribean_CoolPosted 10/26/2011 7:46:01 AM
I didn't think it was that bad, even though I enjoyed the previous 3 a little more
---
Snitsky's Condoms. If she get's pregnant, it's not your fault.
#2ReeGPosted 10/26/2011 7:47:39 AM
no and who made it seem that way anyways? a few bitter forum dwellers with elitist opinions?
the game was generally widely praised by gamers and industry media. If anything it was THAT good
---
Currently Playing : BF3, Batman AC, Rocksmith, Forza 4, NBA 2K12, Gears of War 3, Xenoblade
#3silenthill4vidPosted 10/26/2011 7:50:08 AM
no, it surely wasnt bad. most *****ing i saw was about the car psychics. why dont the car turn easier wa wa wahhhh. use the brake you genius.
---
tales of is japan's call of duty
#4Carribean_Cool(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2011 7:51:49 AM
yeah, I kinda liked the simulation feel with the driving. At first you're used to the classic feel of the previous, but later on it's actually pretty good
---
Snitsky's Condoms. If she get's pregnant, it's not your fault.
#5ReeGPosted 10/26/2011 7:52:14 AM
silenthill4vid posted...
no, it surely wasnt bad. most *****ing i saw was about the car psychics. why dont the car turn easier wa wa wahhhh. use the brake you genius.

Ya usually by people who don't drive in real life or can't drive in games in general. Brakes ftw
---
Currently Playing : BF3, Batman AC, Rocksmith, Forza 4, NBA 2K12, Gears of War 3, Xenoblade
#6MachineZedPosted 10/26/2011 7:52:20 AM
I hated Niko, the story was boring, playing it was a chore. But no it wasn't that bad. I can see what successes the game did well, and it did it in spades. I just didnt enjoy playing it.
#7ReeGPosted 10/26/2011 7:54:12 AM
Carribean_Cool posted...
yeah, I kinda liked the simulation feel with the driving. At first you're used to the classic feel of the previous, but later on it's actually pretty good

Lol classic feel = flying 100 mph stopping on a dime and turning a perfect 90 degrees with a press of a button
---
#8GodTurtlePosted 10/26/2011 7:57:09 AM
"Playing it was a chore" sums up my feelings. The story wasn't engaging and playing it just wasn't "fun". I thought it did a lot of things well. But the actual game was a tedious grind.
#9FlatlinerPosted 10/26/2011 8:13:46 AM
I loved the graphics, the music, tha gameplay. What turned me off fast was the constant phone calls. COUSIN COME PLAY BOWLING BALLS WITH ME!

I play a game to experience a story not because I have ADHD and need constant beckoinings for other random ish in a game. :P
#10ZombieRobPosted 10/26/2011 8:22:27 AM
i really liked the car physics.

but i didn't like the way the cops would shut you down as soon as you started having any fun.

i didn't like any of the social aspects.

it was a bit dull and boring. there was nothing to do except the main missions (and taking your cousin on a date)

the only customisation options were which brown jacket you want to wear. (slight exaggeration)