This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wireless works but wired doesn't

#1AssassinINEPosted 10/26/2011 6:29:56 PM
I can connect wirelessly to my router but wired won't connect to xbox live. What is going on? My router is a Thomson DCW725 W3.
#2GobizkuPosted 10/26/2011 6:32:53 PM(edited)
Try different ethernet ports on the router and a different ethernet cable. If it still isn't working (can't obtain an ip address), the ethernet for your 360 might be gone.
---
"Chaos Is Not Entropy...Chaos Is Continual Creation." -Praxis
Preparation For A Coming Darkness
#3AssassinINE(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2011 6:38:53 PM
Tried different cables, tried a 2nd xbox. Still no go, when I test it gets all the way to 1/4 bar towards connected to xbox live then fails.
#4FustmonkeyPosted 10/26/2011 6:44:21 PM
Do you forward ports?
---
Fix your NAT: http://www.freewebs.com/haximo/ports.htm
#5ChromaticAngelPosted 10/26/2011 6:48:43 PM

Do you forward ports?

you don't need to forward ports to connect to XBox Live. I have never forwarded ports on any of my 360s and every single one of them passes the connection test with flying colors and I have no problem using any XBL features.
---
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.
#6FustmonkeyPosted 10/26/2011 6:53:21 PM(edited)

you don't need to forward ports to connect to XBox Live. I have never forwarded ports on any of my 360s and every single one of them passes the connection test with flying colors and I have no problem using any XBL features.

I never said you had to forward ports.

If he is forwarding ports, it explains why one adapter connects and the other doesn't. Furthermore, if he's forwarding ports and he has a PS3, he's probably forwarding port 80 to his PS3 because that's what the guides say to do, and that could be the reason he's not able to connect with his 360 though it wouldn't explain why one adapter connects and another doesn't. .

In your case, you say you have multiple 360 so of course you don't forward. You can't forward to more than one at a time.
---
Fix your NAT: http://www.freewebs.com/haximo/ports.htm
#7GobizkuPosted 10/27/2011 9:24:38 AM
ChromaticAngel posted...

What is the point of even posting this? I've never had a problem with my pc, that doesn't mean everyone else has the same pc and settings I do.
---
"Chaos Is Not Entropy...Chaos Is Continual Creation." -Praxis
Preparation For A Coming Darkness