This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why even have difficulties since easy mode is considered "lame"?

#1Assassin_X_GethPosted 10/28/2011 12:35:55 AM
I've posted a few times on here about how I hate that companies punish those of us that have lives and don't want to play a game 1,000 time just to beat it and therefor we play on easy.

If you look at cheeves, they only reward the played who plays on hard mode. If you look at even the games themselves like Orcs Must Die, Easy mode limits the amount of skulls you get!

So why even have any difficulties? Who don't they just create games that are always set to hard? They might as well because it seems more and more people/companies choose to hurt us players who just want to enjoy the game. I pay $60 for a game, only to be punished. Such BS.

And because I know people will be like "ZOMG U LACK SKILLZ!!", I can beat any game on hard. I've even proven it to my friends. So skill is not an issue. As I get older (30 and married), I find it more stressful to play games that require you to shoot a guy 100 times in the fact for him to die. Its not even realistic, not even in the games that claim they are going for realism.

I don't expect young people to get this because at your age, you all think you are gods at games because you don't have alot of responsiblities yet, therefor you waste time playing games on hard mode. When your an adult, you realize theres more important things then getting 1000 GS or beating "insert game here" on "Super Crazy Insane WTF mode".
---
GFAQS - Land where your opinion is what everyone else says it is.
#2runuts27Posted 10/28/2011 12:38:36 AM
So what's the problem again?
---
I'm interested in this...
#3DoD DragonDuelistPosted 10/28/2011 12:42:56 AM
Yeah, if you're not interested in achievements, why don't you just play normal mode?
---
Ragequitters are everything that is wrong with the world. Every time someone ragequits, a piece of humanity dies.
#4BingSanpaoPosted 10/28/2011 12:48:40 AM
Higher difficulty modes have traditionally extra features and unlock to reward people playing them, not to punish the ones playing on easy. It has always been like this.

Gears 3 on normal is terribly boring and it only starts getting fun when the AI reacts to you. At this rate you may as well watch a movie.
#5ponderingcowPosted 10/28/2011 1:36:33 AM
I find this attitude funny
I wanna play easy and if you play any higher you have no life I do since I'm older and I expect all older people to play easy since I do
---
Sales and reviews mean everything unless it is something you don't like
#6headwounds13Posted 10/28/2011 1:41:15 AM

I hate that companies punish those of us that have lives

ugh.
---
http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx259/headwoundss/129167586636177506-1.gif
#7bigphil2003Posted 10/28/2011 1:44:50 AM
You seem to have real self esteem issues. Your main problem seems to be that people "think you're lame". Since you're playing the games on your own, who even knows what difficulty you're playing on to judge you? Just enjoy them the way you want to and stop seeking teh interwebz approval.

"I can beat any game on hard, I've proven it to my friends" sounds like something an 8 year old would say, not a "big man" with "responsibilities".
---
Rest In Peace Stretch - We miss you homie
#8Jedi_MercenaryPosted 10/28/2011 1:59:26 AM
You want to play easy games, yet you want game companies to take away the difficulty settings and always make the default Hard-Very Hard?

In my opinion you tend to get too few achievements for playing on the hardest difficulty setting. Why should you get 720 gamerscore for just bothering to play through the game, while someone who has to put some effort into it (played on a harder difficulty setting) gets 750? If you choose to play on easy you should be prepared for the consequences, just like when you choose hard.

Why do you care about gamerscore and skulls anyway? You have a life and don't grind that kind of stuff anyway like we youngsters do.
---
Random Salarian soldier walks into Udina's office. Salarian: "I would like to know more about human culture". Udina: "We humans are..."
#9kingwutuguPosted 10/28/2011 2:16:56 AM
GTA Assassin X posted...

If you look at cheeves, they only reward the played who plays on hard mode. If you look at even the games themselves like Orcs Must Die, Easy mode limits the amount of skulls you get!

Only rewards are to add more space on how much your gt will take up on a hdd unless your in a contest that requires you to gain achievements which no doubt a young teen or college student will no doubt win any way
---
There is no I in team, But there is an I in Win
#10andru04Posted 10/28/2011 3:14:56 AM
GTA Assassin X posted...
I've posted a few times on here about how I hate that companies punish those of us that have lives and don't want to play a game 1,000 time just to beat it and therefor we play on easy.

So why even have any difficulties? Who don't they just create games that are always set to hard? They might as well because it seems more and more people/companies choose to hurt us players who just want to enjoy the game. I pay $60 for a game, only to be punished. Such BS.

And because I know people will be like "ZOMG U LACK SKILLZ!!", I can beat any game on hard. I've even proven it to my friends. So skill is not an issue. As I get older (30 and married), I find it more stressful to play games that require you to shoot a guy 100 times in the fact for him to die. Its not even realistic, not even in the games that claim they are going for realism.

I don't expect young people to get this because at your age, you all think you are gods at games because you don't have alot of responsiblities yet, therefor you waste time playing games on hard mode. When your an adult, you realize theres more important things then getting 1000 GS or beating "insert game here" on "Super Crazy Insane WTF mode".

if you are 30 I feel bad for you because you are lacking mentally if this post is your actual thought process..... you are complaining about games having achievements *you play too much if you have given them a nickname* for those that spend more time and put more of an effort into playing them.

then you can't figure out why easier modes exist: they are there to allow players that do not want to play on harder difficulties or that lack skill to still be able to enjoy gameplay and the story.... answered that for you.

then you make a false claim to realism and say that you actually don't care about the achievements that originally prompted your post....

that being said. I am 28, full time student and work full time, with some side-hobby work as a photographer. I stay busy yet I still game when I get the time, always on the hardest difficulty for the challenge. Games were much harder in earlier generations then they are now even on the hardest difficulties... remember battle frogs? play that on the hardest difficulty... it was insane.

either take longer on games and play on harder difficulties for all the "cheeves" or play on easy and enjoy the story and don't worry about the achievements.