This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ugh color issues

#1RyanM_bas_basicPosted 10/28/2011 4:09:41 AM
Just picked up a sony bx420 LCD and when I plug my 360 into it via hdmi, the colors seem to be too washed out and bright. I have the hdmi color set to expanded so I have no idea why this is. This did not happen on my 32 inch bx320. Any help would be appreciated.
#2GaullerPosted 10/28/2011 4:43:03 AM(edited)
Different TVs look better with different setups. Try standard or intermediate, along with other color space options. You may also be on the wrong screen mode.(Sports/game, etc.)
Lastly, experiment with basic settings(color/brightness/sharpness) before anything else.

The "recommended" settings may or may not be best for gaming.
---
GT: B O davis
#3BeefEasterPosted 10/28/2011 5:48:45 AM
your first mistake is having it set on expanded

unless you're playing on a monitor you should have it on standard

otherwise your black and white levels will be all screwed up
#4iceman505Posted 10/28/2011 10:54:43 AM
unless you're playing on a monitor you should have it on standard.

Uh. not even close to true, especially if set to RGB. Since my Samsung's game mode turns off all the processing crap, black level enhancements included, expanded is necessary.
---
RIP Red Faction 2001-2011.
#5SVT52986Posted 10/28/2011 12:16:23 PM
My recommendation is to visit AVS Forum's website as you will be able to find other people with the exact same.tv as yours and they will list the settings they use for tv,movies,games and such. A lot easier than asking here since different th manufacturers use different settings
#6BeefEasterPosted 10/28/2011 4:53:03 PM
iceman505 posted...
unless you're playing on a monitor you should have it on standard.

Uh. not even close to true, especially if set to RGB. Since my Samsung's game mode turns off all the processing crap, black level enhancements included, expanded is necessary.

Yeah, I used to think the same thing.....

I used expanded for a long time but then I had my tv calibrated and they told me not leave it on standard because it totally ruins your color scale

I have a newer model samsung lcd, btw
#7BeefEasterPosted 10/29/2011 4:00:00 AM
told me TO leave it on standard

my bad