This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

i feel like my HDMI port must be fried or something

#1ilikemilkmmmPosted 10/28/2011 8:26:32 AM
i try to connect it to my 720p TV, blank screen. ive tried holding down Y when it starts to reset the settings, i found some others online with the same problem who fixed it blindly by using certain button combos to change resolution, didnt work for me. i know the cables not busted cause i tested it with my computer

i guess im destined to play crappy 480p and its depressing me :( . do you need a xbox brand hdmi cable or something?
#2bigshot2000Posted 10/28/2011 8:33:20 AM
my friend has a similar problem. though he is able to play 1080p on small tv sets, when he goes to a larger tv, same cable, xbox, it just gives a black screen no matter what we do. maybe you should email microsoft or get a new xbox
---
If 3DS is announced to be coming out in November
ShadowofStatue: I will pee, for the first time in my life T-Viral-X: You...YOU ARE INHUMAN!
#3MNSpectrePosted 10/28/2011 9:55:35 AM
Are you holding down Y and Right Trigger as described in the support article?

http://support.xbox.com/en-us/xbox-360/troubleshoot/kb/xbox-kb-911059
#4ilikemilkmmm(Topic Creator)Posted 10/28/2011 10:04:22 AM
yeah i did all that, held it till it restarted etc. i just dont know if its automatically setting it to 1080p when it detects hdmi, and i just suck at blind menu scrolling, or if it just doesnt work.
#5Dipfoot20Posted 10/29/2011 8:52:44 AM
ilikemilkmmm posted...
yeah i did all that, held it till it restarted etc. i just dont know if its automatically setting it to 1080p when it detects hdmi, and i just suck at blind menu scrolling, or if it just doesnt work.

It's this.

find a TV with 1080p so you can change the display or figure out the blind menu scrolling method and it should work.
---
How can number 2 be number 1?
Because I'm the $#!^. - Childish Gambino