This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Final Fantasy XI?

#1RyukSanPosted 10/28/2011 4:01:09 PM
Is FFXI still popular online?
If I buy FFXI and its expansion pack, will i have to buy the game to? Is there a way to buy the expansion and while also having the full game?
#2gudamanPosted 10/28/2011 4:59:59 PM
i do believe its sold as a collection now. you can get the expansions and the full main game all at once for probably about $20 the online is still going but no idea how much longer that will be happening. make sure you have the HDD space for it though, the game and expansions are massive on 360...
---
gt: gudaman
I'm open to pretty much any game you wanna play as long as I own it.
#3Biohazard911Posted 10/28/2011 5:03:59 PM
Is it still $13 a month?
---
Gamefoxs stole my sig.
#4gudamanPosted 10/28/2011 5:09:40 PM
yeah, i think something like that. mght be like $10, cant remember, haven't played in years.
---
gt: gudaman
I'm open to pretty much any game you wanna play as long as I own it.
#5Hucast9Posted 10/28/2011 7:13:12 PM
RyukSan posted...
Is FFXI still popular online?
If I buy FFXI and its expansion pack, will i have to buy the game to? Is there a way to buy the expansion and while also having the full game?

It's still popular on-line. I've been playing this game since 2005. It's one of the best games i've ever played.

No other game that I know of can make me say "Hell yea!" even after having played it for such a long time. It never gets old.

The way things are done in-game these days is entirely different than when I started, but basically it's much easier now for newbies.

You need to buy the FFXI main game which includes several expansions such as:

- Rise of the Zilart
- Chains of Promathia
- Treasures of Aht Urhgan

There is a seperate disc which has the Treasures of Aht Urhghan Expansion. The mini expansions, and the Abyssea are all downloaded in-game. All of that has to be purchased brand new with unused registrations codes. If you do buy something with used codes, then I believe the solution is to buy the PC version just for the codes.

I'm not sure if there is one disc that has it all though.
#6McDohl MRPosted 10/28/2011 7:35:11 PM
Ah, FFXI. Played it for six years. I love that game.

I don't know if the expansion/scenario codes from the PC version will register to a 360 copy, but if they do, Steam frequently has sales on FFXI and you can get every last piece of expansion/scenario content for like $5-10 when it does. Just wait for one of the several dozen Square-Enix sales that happen every year.
---
Even at his most powerless, man's existence is never without meaning.
My Backloggery: http://www.backloggery.com/daverost
#7Hucast9Posted 10/28/2011 9:14:52 PM
There is a seperate disc for the Wings of the Goddess expansion not the Treasures of Aht Urhgan. That's what I meant.
#8ThatLaoGuyPosted 10/28/2011 9:17:05 PM
Ah, I recently started playing FFXI again as well.
It's still pretty popular but for a different reason. The game has been set to easy mode so everyones just busy maxing out their levels and exploring all the content. The game is basically on its last leg but it's still alive and kicking.
---
Gamertag: That Lao Guy
#9Ryan2002Posted 10/28/2011 9:22:00 PM(edited)
I played it for about 6 years when it came out on PS2. Got rid of it and mistakenly sold my account(I've been wanting to play again, but not start over). I had 452 days of game time logged...Ya a lto of it was sitting around looking for people to play with, but it was still a blast. Like a previous poster said, it's probably one of the funnest games I've ever played, due to the community of course. If you aren't a social person, then I can imagine the game being pretty dull.

Edit: I wish FFXIV was half as good as XI is. It would of been a PS3 seller for me.

---
A Jose Canseco bat? Tell me...you didn't pay money for this.
http://www.zreomusic.com/Zelda25.jpg =-= http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2v965tv&s=7
#10widget624Posted 10/28/2011 9:27:45 PM
How much bandwidth does it use?