This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

gold membership for a dollar, one per console?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. gold membership for a dollar, one per console?

User Info: WalkerRD

WalkerRD
5 years ago#1
I just saw the gold membership for a dollar deal and picked it up for myself. I then switched over to my brother's account so I could get the deal for him too, but it was gone. Is there a limit to how many people on a console can get the deal or something?
"He who koops and runs away lives to koop another day!" - King Koopa

User Info: Mizznox

Mizznox
5 years ago#2
Is he already a Gold member? Not exactly sure, but I thought those deals only appear for people who are just on Silver or whose Gold is about to expire.
Everybody's talking 'bout the stormy weather
And what's a man to do but work out whether it's true?

User Info: Scoter81

Scoter81
5 years ago#3
It's not once per console because I did it twice on the same console but when I tried for a third time the option was gone and was replaced with 3 months for $9.99.

User Info: CyricsServant

CyricsServant
5 years ago#4
I wish I had that offer.

Right now I'm being offered $36 for 12 months.

User Info: Veliconis

Veliconis
5 years ago#5

I wish I had that offer.

Right now I'm being offered $36 for 12 months.

That's still not bad. Only $3 a month? Hell, I'd take it.

If I log on and see anything of the sort, it's a done deal.
Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, their = belonging to them, they're = they are, there = not here.

User Info: Scoter81

Scoter81
5 years ago#6
I only got it when making a brand new account. It gives you a 1 time only offer of gold for $1. It's not something you can get with your current account, it's just to get new players 'hooked,' probably.

User Info: Veliconis

Veliconis
5 years ago#7

I only got it when making a brand new account. It gives you a 1 time only offer of gold for $1. It's not something you can get with your current account, it's just to get new players 'hooked,' probably.

I've seen it offered even when I had a month or two left on my subscription.

Maybe they changed it. *shrug*
Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, their = belonging to them, they're = they are, there = not here.

User Info: CyricsServant

CyricsServant
5 years ago#8
Veliconis posted...
That's still not bad. Only $3 a month? Hell, I'd take it.

Unfortunately, it would probably end up being more like $12 a month. I don't use multiplayer on the 360 a lot. I just want it so I can play L4D2 with some buddies during Christmas break and so I can play Mass Effect 3's horde mode when that releases.

So for me, it'd actually cheaper just to buy single months at the regular $9.99 price.

User Info: Gobizku

Gobizku
5 years ago#9
Veliconis posted...
I've seen it offered even when I had a month or two left on my subscription.

Maybe they changed it. *shrug*

Those deals offered are promotions. They change constantly and sometimes there is more than one running at a time. The circumstances in which you can see each deal varies. If they overlap, you can still only see one offer at a time.
"Chaos Is Not Entropy...Chaos Is Continual Creation." -Praxis
Preparation For A Coming Darkness

User Info: YAMI_ANUBIS_X

YAMI_ANUBIS_X
5 years ago#10
1 dollar for 1 month or 12 months cause on october 18th, I got 1 dollar for 1 month of gold deal.
GT: Yami Anubis X I believe that is it
3DS FC:1891-1173-7323 Name YamiAnubiX
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. gold membership for a dollar, one per console?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived