This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

gold membership for a dollar, one per console?

#1WalkerRDPosted 10/28/2011 7:19:50 PM
I just saw the gold membership for a dollar deal and picked it up for myself. I then switched over to my brother's account so I could get the deal for him too, but it was gone. Is there a limit to how many people on a console can get the deal or something?
---
"He who koops and runs away lives to koop another day!" - King Koopa
#2MizznoxPosted 10/28/2011 7:26:20 PM
Is he already a Gold member? Not exactly sure, but I thought those deals only appear for people who are just on Silver or whose Gold is about to expire.
---
Everybody's talking 'bout the stormy weather
And what's a man to do but work out whether it's true?
#3Scoter81Posted 10/28/2011 7:28:36 PM
It's not once per console because I did it twice on the same console but when I tried for a third time the option was gone and was replaced with 3 months for $9.99.
#4CyricsServantPosted 10/28/2011 7:34:51 PM
I wish I had that offer.

Right now I'm being offered $36 for 12 months.
#5VeliconisPosted 10/28/2011 7:35:45 PM

I wish I had that offer.

Right now I'm being offered $36 for 12 months.

That's still not bad. Only $3 a month? Hell, I'd take it.

If I log on and see anything of the sort, it's a done deal.
---
Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, their = belonging to them, they're = they are, there = not here.
#6Scoter81Posted 10/28/2011 7:43:11 PM(edited)
I only got it when making a brand new account. It gives you a 1 time only offer of gold for $1. It's not something you can get with your current account, it's just to get new players 'hooked,' probably.
#7VeliconisPosted 10/28/2011 7:55:13 PM

I only got it when making a brand new account. It gives you a 1 time only offer of gold for $1. It's not something you can get with your current account, it's just to get new players 'hooked,' probably.

I've seen it offered even when I had a month or two left on my subscription.

Maybe they changed it. *shrug*
---
Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, their = belonging to them, they're = they are, there = not here.
#8CyricsServantPosted 10/28/2011 8:07:45 PM
Veliconis posted...
That's still not bad. Only $3 a month? Hell, I'd take it.

Unfortunately, it would probably end up being more like $12 a month. I don't use multiplayer on the 360 a lot. I just want it so I can play L4D2 with some buddies during Christmas break and so I can play Mass Effect 3's horde mode when that releases.

So for me, it'd actually cheaper just to buy single months at the regular $9.99 price.
#9GobizkuPosted 10/28/2011 9:38:02 PM
Veliconis posted...
I've seen it offered even when I had a month or two left on my subscription.

Maybe they changed it. *shrug*

Those deals offered are promotions. They change constantly and sometimes there is more than one running at a time. The circumstances in which you can see each deal varies. If they overlap, you can still only see one offer at a time.
---
"Chaos Is Not Entropy...Chaos Is Continual Creation." -Praxis
Preparation For A Coming Darkness
#10YAMI_ANUBIS_XPosted 10/29/2011 12:34:29 AM
1 dollar for 1 month or 12 months cause on october 18th, I got 1 dollar for 1 month of gold deal.
---
GT: Yami Anubis X I believe that is it
3DS FC:1891-1173-7323 Name YamiAnubiX