This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So 2 more years of playing games on maxed dated hardware 2 years ago? 2014

#1knightimexPosted 10/29/2011 10:02:23 AM
It's widely believed that the Next gen Xbox wont be out until 2014 at the latest correct?

Not trying to sound bitter but I worry people will complain that they want game x to use a new engine (cod) which would be pointless especially since the console (Xbox 360) is maxed and dated from at least 2 years ago.

I just think things will get worse from here on out as people want more, but expect this console to pull it off.

Seriously. This console isn't a miracle machine by any means of the imagination.

All games from a year ago till 2014 will look the same.

it's getting bad.

Agree?
---
I was yelled at in yahoo checkers for camping.
-_-
#2tYRE_602Posted 10/29/2011 10:06:53 AM
360 wasn't maxed "at least 2 years ago."

Gears 3, Battlefield 3, Forza 4 look much better than anything on the 360 two years ago.
#3link0316Posted 10/29/2011 10:10:29 AM
I really dont care. Graphics are nice but its the games that are important.
---
GT : Zom6iesRPeople2
Playing : Batman Arkham City
#4knightimex(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2011 10:11:23 AM(edited)
tYRE_602 posted...

Gears 3, Battlefield 3, Forza 4 look much better than anything on the 360 two years ago.

those games have been in production for 2 years at average.
---
-_-
#5tYRE_602Posted 10/29/2011 10:25:56 AM

mmhmm, and you think they immediately had the graphical fidelity that they did upon release right when they started working on them 2 years ago?
#6knightimex(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2011 10:31:22 AM(edited)
tYRE_602 posted...
mmhmm, and you think they immediately had the graphical fidelity that they did upon release right when they started working on them 2 years ago?

graphical fidelity didn't come immediately it took a while (2 years) for it to reach the point of where it's at now.
It's not like it's going to get better in the next 2-3 years on this console.
---
-_-
#7AscoltarePosted 10/29/2011 10:31:26 AM
Thats why I'm getting a PC.
---
Things I hate: People who use Google as a verb. Over protective fanboys.
GT: Kravarnik
#8VeliconisPosted 10/29/2011 10:32:15 AM
I didn't know the TC worked for Microsoft and knew what else the 360 is capable of.

Please fill us in on more information.
---
Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, their = belonging to them, they're = they are, there = not here.
#9NeoGeoXSegaPosted 10/29/2011 10:37:16 AM(edited)

tYRE_602 posted...

If in the next 2 years, games coming out will look anywhere as good as Gears of War 3 or Mass Effect 3, then I would be very happy with those outdated graphics.
The fact that there has been no other game to utilize L.A. Noire technology so far & so few games that used the older built Euphoria engine proves that there are a lot of possibilities for amazing graphics in the next 2 years.
Also Forza 4 didn't even use the same tech as PGR, which had much more detailed environments.

Also a lot of that is engine updates. A developer won't have to do a 2-4 year cycle to get a game to look good as Gear 3 when Epic did all the work for them.
I mean MW3 looks pretty good & it's on a super old outdated engine. If Activision makes a brand new engine for the next game, it can look amazing.

I might point out that the upcoming Tomb Raider & Hitman games look amazing & even better than what's even now.

So games are not coming to a standstill in graphics in the foreseeable future on consoles.
---
"gone are the days of creativity, and playing japanese games because you secretly wish you were japanese" -CinisterX
#10davepescPosted 10/29/2011 10:33:49 AM
If you want to be a PC gamer, then go do it. 360 games look fine, and they will look fine 2 years from now. Hell, Genesis games still look great to me.

I think, in general, console games aren't meant to sport cutting edge graphics and the latest engines. If anything, consoles are trying too hard to be PCs.
---
"**** you'll thats all you mofos know how to do iss pick on people cause there typeing **** this site" DarkAssAssIn051