This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So 2 more years of playing games on maxed dated hardware 2 years ago? 2014

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. So 2 more years of playing games on maxed dated hardware 2 years ago? 2014

User Info: knightimex

knightimex
5 years ago#1
It's widely believed that the Next gen Xbox wont be out until 2014 at the latest correct?

Not trying to sound bitter but I worry people will complain that they want game x to use a new engine (cod) which would be pointless especially since the console (Xbox 360) is maxed and dated from at least 2 years ago.

I just think things will get worse from here on out as people want more, but expect this console to pull it off.

Seriously. This console isn't a miracle machine by any means of the imagination.

All games from a year ago till 2014 will look the same.

it's getting bad.

Agree?
I was yelled at in yahoo checkers for camping.
-_-

User Info: tYRE_602

tYRE_602
5 years ago#2
360 wasn't maxed "at least 2 years ago."

Gears 3, Battlefield 3, Forza 4 look much better than anything on the 360 two years ago.

User Info: link0316

link0316
5 years ago#3
I really dont care. Graphics are nice but its the games that are important.
GT : Zom6iesRPeople2
Playing : Batman Arkham City

knightimex
5 years ago#4
tYRE_602 posted...

Gears 3, Battlefield 3, Forza 4 look much better than anything on the 360 two years ago.

those games have been in production for 2 years at average.
-_-

User Info: tYRE_602

tYRE_602
5 years ago#5

mmhmm, and you think they immediately had the graphical fidelity that they did upon release right when they started working on them 2 years ago?

knightimex
5 years ago#6
tYRE_602 posted...
mmhmm, and you think they immediately had the graphical fidelity that they did upon release right when they started working on them 2 years ago?

graphical fidelity didn't come immediately it took a while (2 years) for it to reach the point of where it's at now.
It's not like it's going to get better in the next 2-3 years on this console.
-_-

User Info: Ascoltare

Ascoltare
5 years ago#7
Thats why I'm getting a PC.
Things I hate: People who use Google as a verb. Over protective fanboys.
GT: Kravarnik

User Info: Veliconis

Veliconis
5 years ago#8
I didn't know the TC worked for Microsoft and knew what else the 360 is capable of.

Please fill us in on more information.
Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, their = belonging to them, they're = they are, there = not here.

User Info: NeoGeoXSega

NeoGeoXSega
5 years ago#9

tYRE_602 posted...

If in the next 2 years, games coming out will look anywhere as good as Gears of War 3 or Mass Effect 3, then I would be very happy with those outdated graphics.
The fact that there has been no other game to utilize L.A. Noire technology so far & so few games that used the older built Euphoria engine proves that there are a lot of possibilities for amazing graphics in the next 2 years.
Also Forza 4 didn't even use the same tech as PGR, which had much more detailed environments.

Also a lot of that is engine updates. A developer won't have to do a 2-4 year cycle to get a game to look good as Gear 3 when Epic did all the work for them.
I mean MW3 looks pretty good & it's on a super old outdated engine. If Activision makes a brand new engine for the next game, it can look amazing.

I might point out that the upcoming Tomb Raider & Hitman games look amazing & even better than what's even now.

So games are not coming to a standstill in graphics in the foreseeable future on consoles.
"gone are the days of creativity, and playing japanese games because you secretly wish you were japanese" -CinisterX

User Info: davepesc

davepesc
5 years ago#10
If you want to be a PC gamer, then go do it. 360 games look fine, and they will look fine 2 years from now. Hell, Genesis games still look great to me.

I think, in general, console games aren't meant to sport cutting edge graphics and the latest engines. If anything, consoles are trying too hard to be PCs.
"**** you'll thats all you mofos know how to do iss pick on people cause there typeing **** this site" DarkAssAssIn051
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. So 2 more years of playing games on maxed dated hardware 2 years ago? 2014

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived