This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do I play music from my iPhone through the Xbox 360?

#1Beam_of_LightPosted 10/29/2011 7:20:21 PM
I have plugged the usb connecter into the xbox and I have the iPhone connected, It recognizes my iPhone on the Music Library but says there is no music or no data. I have asked a friend and he said something about FairPlay. I looked it up but could not get any useful info about it.

Any help?
---
"We have reports that you went into the women's bathroom!"-JManderley "Uh, not me."-JC Denton
Manipulating video games since '97.
#2IvanKozlovPosted 10/29/2011 7:26:36 PM
Unfortunately you cannot play music from an iPhone or iPod touch on a 360.
---
Getaway, runaway, fly away. Lead me astray, to dreamers hideaway. I cannot cry cause the shoulder cries more. I cannot die, I, the whore for the cold world.
#3LorthremarPosted 10/29/2011 7:51:34 PM
IvanKozlov posted...

Actually, you can. There's an app for it; I've used it before, but I don't remember what it's called.
---
I doubt we'll get any XXX characters. The ESRB would have a fit.
#4IvanKozlovPosted 10/29/2011 7:54:49 PM
Lorthremar posted...
IvanKozlov posted...

Actually, you can. There's an app for it; I've used it before, but I don't remember what it's called.

No, you can't.

Note: The Xbox 360 console cannot play music from the Apple iPhone or iPod Touch. However, you can browse pictures that are stored on these devices using the Picture Library (go to My Xbox, and then select Picture Library).

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/how-to/xbox-360-as-media-player/play-media-from-portable-media-player
---
Getaway, runaway, fly away. Lead me astray, to dreamers hideaway. I cannot cry cause the shoulder cries more. I cannot die, I, the whore for the cold world.
#5popping4itPosted 10/29/2011 7:55:04 PM
blame apple for encrypting their filesystem. same reason winamp cant read from iphone either even tho they've created a plugin but cant release it publically.
---
Still hoping for a Shenmue 3.
#6LorthremarPosted 10/29/2011 7:57:59 PM
IvanKozlov posted...
Lorthremar posted...
IvanKozlov posted...

No, you can't.

Note: The Xbox 360 console cannot play music from the Apple iPhone or iPod Touch. However, you can browse pictures that are stored on these devices using the Picture Library (go to My Xbox, and then select Picture Library).

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/how-to/xbox-360-as-media-player/play-media-from-portable-media-player

Ok, sorry. Maybe I was thinking of PS3; I know I've used an app. like this.
---
I doubt we'll get any XXX characters. The ESRB would have a fit.
#7kidwgmPosted 10/29/2011 8:00:10 PM

IvanKozlov posted...

Its called AirMusic. I don't know if the app is still available on the itunes store. But I use it all the time with my ipod touch.
---
GT: Kid Whimsical
PSN: kidwgm23
#8IvanKozlovPosted 10/29/2011 8:01:43 PM
kidwgm posted...
IvanKozlov posted...

Its called AirMusic. I don't know if the app is still available on the itunes store. But I use it all the time with my ipod touch.

You have to have wifi on your 360 for that, and I don't remember if streaming music works in game.
---
#9dj SmileyPosted 10/29/2011 8:02:29 PM
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/airmusic/id409782234?mt=8
---
10 years at GameFAQs: September 4, 2000 - September 4, 2010
http://360voice.com/tag/djSmilybmi
#10kidwgmPosted 10/29/2011 8:03:04 PM

kidwgm posted...
IvanKozlov posted...

You have to have wifi on your 360 for that, and I don't remember if streaming music works in game.

No you don't. I have an old pro model and stream from the dash or while in game.
---
GT: Kid Whimsical
PSN: kidwgm23