This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question to those who have had their accounts hacked...

#1TakeItInTheFacePosted 10/29/2011 9:10:29 PM
Happened to me Thursday night. I went to log in and it told me I need to recover my account. I did that and I the first thing I did was change my password. I go over to recent downloads and I didn't see anything fishy. Phew!! Wait, 85 achievement points for Fifa 2012??? I don't even like soccer. Then I look at how many points I have left and I'm down to 10. I had over 80000... WTF?!?

I call support and they say they have to do an investigation and it could take between 7 to 30 days. Luckily they didn't use my credit card to purchase anything but c'mon... right when MW3 is about to come out? Lame!!

Anyhow, my question is... did you guys also have a PSN ID? I'm wondering if they recovered login information during Sony's big fiasco and are using it to gain access to Live accounts. Silly me had the same e-mail/password combination tied to both accounts.
#2thisismyusernmePosted 10/29/2011 9:12:04 PM
a lot of people have the fifa tie in as well. i didnt notice anything fishy either or where my points were spent but check your PC purchases. they used my points to buy 2 PC games come to find out
#3Abducted5509Posted 10/30/2011 1:07:11 AM(edited)
I got hacked 65 days ago. Yes I do have a PSN ID that had the same info, don't know if its related. If you really want to keep your account to play any games that are about to come out, do not let MS lock your account. I still don't have mine back, I wish I never called MS, my bank refunded me withing a few days.
#4TheMuffinPosted 10/30/2011 10:35:02 AM
I'd much rather they lock the account, ban the console that recovered it and forward the IP address and relevant information to the authorities than be able to play a few weeks.
---
Gabrius ~Hedro, tank you for cawling xbox suppaaart, my neem is THOMAS, hawl cun I heeelp you?
#5GobizkuPosted 10/30/2011 10:54:00 AM
Abducted5509 posted...
I got hacked 65 days ago. Yes I do have a PSN ID that had the same info, don't know if its related. If you really want to keep your account to play any games that are about to come out, do not let MS lock your account. I still don't have mine back, I wish I never called MS, my bank refunded me withing a few days.

And if you don't do the investigation, Microsoft will typically do a chargeback reversal telling your bank that the card was authorized to be on the account in the first place.
---
"Chaos Is Not Entropy...Chaos Is Continual Creation." -Praxis
Preparation For A Coming Darkness
#6JediMasterColeyPosted 10/30/2011 2:30:14 PM
80000 points or 8000. I have a hard time believe you had 1000 dollars on the account versus 100.
#7DuwstaiPosted 10/30/2011 5:51:24 PM
Do you have the same info on EAs site?

Their site got hacked. If you used the same email/ password for Live thats probably what happened.

Seems like everyone who got hacked this way had the person playing Fifa.
---
XBL: eL Sm3gmA ::: PSN: Smegtico
"so continue to not care, while a bunch of fat pre teen kids teabag you"- shrub999
#8Red_PyramidPosted 10/30/2011 6:27:54 PM
Someone (99% sure it's Fifa man) has been trying to get into my account all week long. I keep changing my password all the time. So far I still have control. I have called and emailed and done everything I can with MS and Xbox help lines. They aern't much help. Microsoft really needs to do something about this crap.
---
Proud new owner of Sega Dreamcast and Atari 2600
Neo Geo CD and 3DO FZ-10 now owned! :D
#9thisismyusernmePosted 10/30/2011 6:36:08 PM
Red_Pyramid posted...
Someone (99% sure it's Fifa man) has been trying to get into my account all week long. I keep changing my password all the time. So far I still have control. I have called and emailed and done everything I can with MS and Xbox help lines. They aern't much help. Microsoft really needs to do something about this crap.

How do you know someone's trying to get into your account?
#10Red_PyramidPosted 10/30/2011 6:40:04 PM
At least five times a day I get sign in screens saying "incorrect password" when I have auto sign in. And everyday my account gets put in lock out for too many failed log ins.
---
Proud new owner of Sega Dreamcast and Atari 2600
Neo Geo CD and 3DO FZ-10 now owned! :D