This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

BF3 could've murdered the CoD series if they added small maps and

#1Oakland510_Posted 10/30/2011 2:31:33 AM
a mode specifically for those small maps instead of including the larger maps too. CoD fanboys would've seen the light and leave CoD for good if Dice included small maps like the ones in Black Ops because it makes everything more fast paced which is what 99.99% of CoD fanboys like. Man I'm such a genius for thinking up of this, Dice/EA should hire me to create the next BF game.
#2Superlinkbros89Posted 10/30/2011 2:37:03 AM
They did, its called Team Deathmatch/Squad Rush.
---
Imagine making a good RPG, but massively fail at it. If you can't do that, don't be Peter Molyneux.
#3mith18Posted 10/30/2011 2:41:08 AM
Am I the only one that think 24 player maps are small enough for BF? Bar the 16 player clan maps in BF2.
---
Favourite Series': Pre-Conviction Splinter Cell's, Gran Turismo, Metal Gear Solid, Early Crash Bandicoot, Early NFS, Half-Life
#4Cage2004Posted 10/30/2011 7:11:42 AM
the thing stopping me from getting into the BF series is that for some stupid reason they refuse to put in a straightup free for all mode. Im more of the lone wolf type and not really into objective based MP.
---
GameFaqs users typical response: "If you dont like it then go back and play Call of Duty kid"
#5Arucard05Posted 10/30/2011 7:32:47 AM

They did, its called Team Deathmatch/Squad Rush.

That
---
#6Delta ZeroPosted 10/30/2011 7:50:56 AM
They should have added split-screen. Sure, it seems a lot of BF fanboys believe this isn't needed and that since it is 2011 everyone and everything has their own consoles, but the lack of splitscreen doesn't let me play with my two cousins who share a console and have never had the need to buy another one just to play together. I have to pick one or the other and that sucks because we always play together whether it is Gears, halo or CoD. Split-screen wouldn't affect anyone else enjoyment of the game so I don't see why anyone would be against the option.

Everything else in the game is fine. The gameplay is not CoD, so that is a plus in my eyes. We don't need more CoD clones. The maps are not CoD and are made with big team battles in mind, not lone wolf crap with headless chickens running around like madness. The objectives are fun, so it isn't just a K/D fest of players trying to outdo everyone else, including teammates. You could play without firing 1 shot and still do well and help your team by healing, replenishing ammo, repairing vehicles or charging objectives.

That is what I love about the game. That it isn't CoD. If I want CoD I just put CoD in and play that. The CoD players that tried to move to BF3 thinking it would be alike are now finding out that it isn't and that pisses them off. They can always just get MW3 and play the same thing they have been playing for years. No need to try and change BF into CoD.
---
-__-
#7Dragon NexusPosted 10/30/2011 11:20:32 AM
You mean if they added a mode that's exactly like Call of Duty?

Why do that? If you like CoD, nothing else will do. Why deliberately change something that's *not* CoD to make it more like something it was never supposed to be?

It's like putting dollops of ice cream on a hamburger to draw in the sweet tooth crowd.
---
"I don't know, it's an impossible choice...I just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me."
#8Metman787Posted 10/30/2011 11:25:40 AM
Cage2004 posted...
the thing stopping me from getting into the BF series is that for some stupid reason they refuse to put in a straightup free for all mode. Im more of the lone wolf type and not really into objective based MP.

Thats what COD is for. I hope they never add a lonewolf gametype than the player base would start to change. Its already started changing with these deathmatch gametypes
---
SSFIV: Abel, DeeJay
#9FeelMyBladePosted 10/30/2011 11:28:34 AM
BF3 isn't even close in murdering CoD.
---
Moral #5: Early to rise, early to bed, makes a man healthy, but socially dead.
#10Cinn_kentsu89Posted 10/30/2011 11:55:36 AM
FeelMyBlade posted...
BF3 isn't even close in murdering CoD.

Halo CE remake and the counter strike game coming out for xbla have a better chance at murdering cod this year lol. Bf3 lovers need to go back to playing breach and brink.