This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So what's the deal with Rage?

#1Sweet_AdelinePosted 10/30/2011 5:42:52 PM
I wanted some everyday gamers' opinions rather than "professional" gaming site reviews. I actually bought the game last week, but I haven't even opened it yet, because I've been so busy with school. Had 3 midterms in the same week that I had to study for, and I promised myself I wouldn't even bother opening the game until I'm ahead of my schoolwork.

The impressions I get from reading reviews are:
- great gameplay, non-existent/silly/stupid story with the "go there, get this" gameplay structure.
- short campaign, no New Game + or the option to keep playing? Pretty bogus.
- Pretty "meh" multiplayer that will get boring fast.

Am I right or wrong? I'll play it either way in a week's time, but like I said, just wanted to hear some other opinions.
---
ASSUMING CONTR-*cougar'd*
SF 49ers - Stanford Cardinal - SF Giants
#2bluehat94Posted 10/30/2011 5:44:22 PM
the campaign is about 15 hours, and about 20 to do everything, the MP is extremely enjoyable at first but gets stale after a couple hours, i enjoyed my time with it
---
"When these hands are crushing your throat, your dying breath won't be an appeal to god, it'll be, thank you Killbane"- Killbane
#3PreacherXWDSXPosted 10/30/2011 5:48:15 PM
Played it on PC and it was a great shooter, didnt try the multiplayer though.
---
---
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life......Winston Churchill
#4Halochief6Posted 10/30/2011 10:02:24 PM
Rage was really a great game.
The story isn't horrible but the ending was pretty uneventful which doesn't help.
The gameplay is pretty good.
Graphics are top notch.

No NG+ is pretty lame but not a big deal. I don't think It's appropriate tbqh.
---
GT - Legendaryicon3 - Currently Playing Gears of War 3
http://potd.wetpaint.com/page/Video+Game+Character+Battle
#5BeefEasterPosted 10/30/2011 10:07:32 PM
I think it's a great game

the gameplay is amazing

the story is pretty much nonexistent but that's ok with me because I'm having too much fun watching bandits do backflips over railings or smacking smacking face first in to a wall after stumbling ten feet after I lodge a wing stick in their skull
#6Reel_Big_MikePosted 10/30/2011 10:12:21 PM
I really enjoyed Rage.

- The gameplay is the best part. The game just feels really good and smooth. The controls are virtually perfect and all the weapons are useful.
- The graphics are hard to judge. The game looks looks absolutely phenomal during normal circumstances and from a distance, but b/c of the texture system this game uses, the graphics look downright terrible when viewed way up close.
- The story is pretty poor, but the voice acting is actually quite good
#7Metman787Posted 10/30/2011 10:17:40 PM
I thought rage was a big letdown
---
SSFIV: Abel, DeeJay
#8andizzle29662Posted 10/30/2011 10:22:12 PM
Rage is a big let down to me in 2011. I was pumped for it. The graphics are breathtaking, until you see all the graphical pop up, textures loading everywhere. The story is a throw away, the gameplay is satisifyin, as well as the gunplay. Every gun has a good feel and weight to them. The missions are just the killer. Fetch quest after fetch quest. Hardly any variety in terms of mission structure. Then the game is advertise as "open world", but that is a lie. The game is very linear with little room to explore. I say pass on rage and buy something better like zelda!
---
I want to know if any of yall like me as a poster, let me know what you think! Hit me up via message
#9Who knowsPosted 10/30/2011 10:33:12 PM
It was a huge letdown
---
Who Knows? I know.
Times people have replied to my topics with Who Knows? 50
#10Pacman2dxPosted 10/31/2011 1:43:59 AM
It was a good game, till I completed it and realized .. it was bad .. all I'll say is - incoming DLC or terrible sequel ..
---
XBL - FA7ALtheGOD / PSN - FATALtheGOD
Thank you Bungie .. 'Per Audacia Ad Astra' ..