This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gears of war 3 console question

#1kenshindonoPosted 10/30/2011 5:55:06 PM
so i went to set up my gears of war 3 console. Neat style, i like it, but the audio it makes whne you turn it on and off, eject, ect is really quiet. Is this normal? I was expecting it to be louder.. and im bummed theres no lancer sound effect (seriously, wtf??)

But all that aside, Im just wondering if mine is broken or if its supposed to be that quiet. I mean this is gears of war, i was expecting a lot more 'oomph'

Side question: It makes a kinda rattling noise when you move it from flat to vertical. It sounds almost like the sound a spray can makes when you shake it. is this normal? I think the old fat did that too but i cant remember
---
"Don't worry, the worst that could happen is we all die"-Jade/TOA
#2CapnStankyPosted 10/30/2011 6:01:37 PM
It's not loud, but its pretty audible on mine. The only rattle I can think you'd be hearing is if the HD door wasnt shut properly.
#3BigReedPosted 10/30/2011 6:01:43 PM
When you move the 360, is there a disc in it?
---
"..hardcore gamers like me for instance, who grew up on Halo.."
#4kenshindono(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2011 6:20:10 PM
no no disc in it, lol. I just unpacked it and havent even turned it on. I need to go pick up a new optical cable tomorow before i do. Ithink i remember hearing theres a sensor in there that detects if its horizontal or vertical or something

as for the sound.. ya i dunno, its definitaly audible but it sounds really quiet, not sure if its normal
---
#5GTAcrazyPosted 10/30/2011 8:14:30 PM
Don't move the console when it is turned on. Ever.
---
Typical day at GameFAQs: http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/544/poo7yd.jpg
GamerTag: Major Sousa
#6kenshindono(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2011 8:33:22 PM
i didn't, nor would i ever move the console with a disc in it guys, stop talking about that =P I baby my systems, i dont even leave discs in when im not playing.

Im just asking about the rattling sound it makes by itself when you switch from horizontal to vertical.. is that normal? It sounds like when you shake a spray paint can a bit.
---
#7BeefEasterPosted 10/30/2011 9:05:02 PM
that sound is normal

it's a device that senses if the console is horizontal or vertical
#8ThexboxPatriotPosted 10/30/2011 9:24:33 PM
GTAcrazy posted...
Don't move the console when it is turned on. Ever.

this ^
---
XBOX PATRIOT
#9BeefEasterPosted 10/30/2011 9:27:20 PM
how do you know that the sound effect is quiet if you just unpacked it and haven't turned it on yet?
#10TheMuffinPosted 10/30/2011 9:30:07 PM
That rattle is the tilt sensor.
---
Gabrius ~Hedro, tank you for cawling xbox suppaaart, my neem is THOMAS, hawl cun I heeelp you?