This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is assassins creed revelations flying under the radar?

#11BeefEasterPosted 10/31/2011 2:59:52 AM
this game is becoming like the Saw movie franchise

they pump out a new one every year

I can't even keep up
by the time one drops in price enough that I might consider picking it up there's a new one coming out

it's called over saturation and it makes people lose interest
#12da_StoOgePosted 10/31/2011 3:13:10 AM
trinityEDGE posted...
Played all the Creeds so far.

1 was pretty bad, but the story is good.
2-1 was great. I couldn't wait for Brotherhood.
2-2 was stale. I got half way, and finishing it was a chore. It was practically the same thing again and again.
2-3 is something I won't get.

^Pretty much this. Replace "story" with "graphics" in the first point though.
---
GFAQ Fact No. 165: Anybody that uses the word "whining" in place of an articulated argument is a little *****.
#13JukainPosted 10/31/2011 3:45:25 AM
I've played them all so far and I love them all so far. Will be getting Revelations for sure. With the latest video it actually looks like they're taking the 'Brotherhood' aspect one step further letting you command troops and build forts and such sort of like an RTS.

@Zenxin, I'm not sure what articles you've been reading but I've only seen one video about the multiplayer, and it was like a behind-the-scenes developer's look at it. Every other video has been showing off the new animations or the new abilities. I'm psyched.
---
"In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice." ~ The Grey Wardens
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=71900
#14boolzeroPosted 10/31/2011 4:11:16 AM(edited)
da number one stooge posted...
trinityEDGE posted...
Played all the Creeds so far.

1 was pretty bad, but the story is good.
2-1 was great. I couldn't wait for Brotherhood.
2-2 was stale. I got half way, and finishing it was a chore. It was practically the same thing again and again.
2-3 is something I won't get.

^Pretty much this. Replace "story" with "graphics" in the first point though.

I have to agree. I liked the series but at the moment they have gotten away from it with superfluous story that while interesting has been tacked on and and unnecessary. Also I just don't see why they can't move on to other assassins at the very least rather than focus on Ezio. They seem to latched on to the character that is interesting and rather than stick to the main plot and progress through the many different assassin's in Devin's genome, they opted to stick with Ezio's story and embellish it as it was easier to just recycle the art assets and story rather than actually make meaningful progression forward in the main storyline. The events in Brotherhood were interesting but unnecessary to the overall main plot and I sadly feel that Revelations is going to do the same. They seem to have been unable to make Altair interesting and seem uninterested in actually developing the Devin character to set him up for play so ultimately I don't care about the guy that should be the main character of the story and they have rather delegated him to a plot device even though in the grand scheme I should be leading up to playing him as a soon to be bad ass-assin.

Lastly, I just want them to stop procrastinating and get to the current time period already and give me a modern day assassin with modern day assassin gear and a story to engage already. Ultimately the story feels like the longest session of foreplay with no payoff because the developers seem reluctant to get it to the point where it is supposed to be already; at least from the original design of the series that was supposed to be only three games.

Ultimately, I want a new Assassin's Creed game, but what they keep giving me is a another side story, and I am done playing side stories already, I want a new entry in the series, especially when you technically only have two games in your series to begin with, it seems a little bloated to already have what are essentially full featured side stories. It is the equivalent of playing Final Fantasy X-2 and 4 for me in that sense. Lets get a new official entry already and stop beating this horse!
---
Death is a dish best served with gravy...
#15JukainPosted 10/31/2011 4:28:31 AM
Well the thing is, though, is the current-day stuff is set in the year 2012. Next year is 2012. It fits more in the immersion factor if we are finishing the main plot of the game in 2012 as the year 2012 is actually happening in the real world. Assassin's Creed 3 should be the last entry in the series with everything resolved and the plot ending. Brotherhood and Revelations are just setting up the framework so AC3 can get straight to the point more or less without having to explain everything in massive detail.
---
"In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice." ~ The Grey Wardens
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=71900
#16blingbling078Posted 10/31/2011 4:29:29 AM
yes

too many other games it cant compete with skyrim and cod the same week

ill get it next yr
#17The_DjokerPosted 10/31/2011 5:27:14 AM
Why do people keep saying the same thing? IT's not flying under the rader. The game has MORE pre oders than brotherhood. The game is still 3 weeks away..there are huge games coming out ebfore then.

Seriously. It will be a big game, lot sof people will get it and people will talk about it. These topics just don't make any sense. Also This is 2-3....it'sthe same damn storyline so forgive people who aren't ecstatic. I'm a huge AC fan but seriously...i'll enjoy Revelations but i want AC3 already.
---
http://i.picasion.com/pic45/469073b615670b5dcede890e60c8ed6d.gif
#18illmatic009Posted 10/31/2011 6:26:22 AM
ACHEEKSMALLOY posted...
its too much. 3 games in 3 years is overkill especially when they're all so much alike

Yet people haven't gotten tired of like 10 years of yearly Call of Duty games that are copy and paste. At least Assassin's Creed has improvements and is actually a lengthy game not some 3 hour campaign that is generic...
---
PSN: Stillmatic1991 Xbox GT: illmatic009
Snake!? Snaaaaaaaake!?!
#19Arucard05Posted 10/31/2011 7:01:35 AM

Assassin's Creed 2-3

They got away with it in Brotherhood, but now I think people who were kind of interested in it are starting to get a little tired without having it make another big jump.

That. New Assassin/Time Period or I just can't get myself to care too much.
---