This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does the Xbox 360 Slim come with Component Cables or AV Composite Cables?

#1Epic_McDudePosted 10/31/2011 2:08:38 PM
Just wondering if I have to buy a component cable for it or not.

And to add to this topic:

How is the Xbox 360 Slim compared to the original/fat Xbox 360?

Any difference in performance besides the fact that it runs much cooler? Perhaps noticeable performance with some games or gaming on it in general? And does it have more or less errors and problems compared to the original/fat Xbox 360?

I'm hoping it's not prone to RRoD errors and such. Or in the case of the Slim, "Red Dot of Death".

I know it has sensitive disc drive issues, such as it scratches discs easily if moved. (I live in a mobile home, so naturally when someone walks or moves in here, the place will kind of move or shake.)

Thanks in advance.
---
Life is epic!
#2BlazingxPaddlesPosted 10/31/2011 2:18:48 PM
all of them come with RCA cables, even the more expensive packages.
#3XShadowStrike99Posted 10/31/2011 2:25:38 PM
You mean HDMI, right?

My Gears 3 slim came with component cables. Even the PS3 no longer carries HDMI cables.
---
Heaven In Her Arms
#4Epic_McDude(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2011 2:40:29 PM(edited)

You mean HDMI, right?

My Gears 3 slim came with component cables. Even the PS3 no longer carries HDMI cables.

No, I mean component. I don't use HDMI.

I'm basically asking whether it comes with the following-

Component: http://www.gamersoption.com/assets/images/component-01.jpg

or

AV Composite: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/471/avcable5ys.jpg/sr=1 (Or RCA as the other guy said, I guess.)

mardigian1 probably had it right, though. Guess I'll have to buy a component cable separately, unless the old Xbox 360 Component cable will work on the slim.

Also, I'd still like the rest of my first/original post to be answered as well and not just the topic title, if possible.

Thanks for the replies so far.
---
Life is epic!
#5Linux_Is_EpicPosted 10/31/2011 2:47:17 PM
I would imagine it runs smoother and not just cooler/quieter, having some new hardware in it. (Referring to the motherboard and the XCGPU integrated CPU/GPU/eDRAM chip.)
---
Linux Mint, for the win!
#6stek_SFEPosted 10/31/2011 3:02:49 PM
My launch slim was AV
---
Nostalgia: Clouding everyones judgment since the days when everything was better
http://i40.tinypic.com/21jpzzs.png
#7CapnStankyPosted 10/31/2011 3:05:18 PM
XShadowStrike99 posted...
You mean HDMI, right?

No it didnt. It came with composite.
#8The Bad GuyPosted 10/31/2011 4:14:43 PM
They stopped including component before the slim even came out. Used to be arcades came with composite, regular systems came with composite+component, elites came with HDMI, but then they changed things around and said "COMPOSITE FOR ALL".
---
Jerec (Moderator)| 7/8/2011 4:43:14 AM
GameFAQs Moderators, we're you're Net Nannies whether you want us or not.
#9shagadelicPosted 10/31/2011 4:16:11 PM
XShadowStrike99 posted...
You mean HDMI, right?

PS3 never came with HDMI cables.
#10Epic_McDude(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2011 5:34:38 PM(edited)

My launch slim was AV

No it didnt. It came with composite.

They stopped including component before the slim even came out. Used to be arcades came with composite, regular systems came with composite+component, elites came with HDMI, but then they changed things around and said "COMPOSITE FOR ALL".

Oh well that's a shame. Thanks for answering that part of my post and the title guys.

I guess I'll either use my current Xbox 360 component cable (I currently have a Fat/Original Xbox 360 with the Jasper Chip) if it's compatible with the slim or just buy a new one for the Slim.

What the hell are they thinking with the composite? Hardly anyone uses those anymore and those still using a standard TV are in the minority these days. Gah...

Either ways I still want to get an answer on the Slim's performance compared to the original Xbox 360 as well as any errors/issues/problems associated with the Slim, if any. (Besides the sensitive disc drive issue.)

Thanks for the answers so far!

Edit: My reasoning for not looking the performance and such up is because I want to hear USER experiences from the people that own them for a more reliable standpoint.
---
Life is epic!