The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just bought a used xbox slim 4gb, urgently need help!

#1crayonshinchanPosted 11/5/2011 6:39:12 PM(edited)
Hi everyone, I just bought a used xbox from a seller on craiglists today and the system boots up fine, however there are two problems and it's my first xbox in years so I'm not familiar with the system at all right now.

1st the major problem is I cannot create a user profile and I cannot save anything to the xbox because it says "there is no storage devices found" in the system. I thought the 4gb version has 4gb of storage space in flash format built into the system, so how come it's not showing up?

2nd problem relates to the first, since I cannot save I want to select the "Initial Setup" option to reset back to factory default, but the system has the 4-digit console safety code. I am awaiting for the seller to get back to me (which is a bad sign)

Is the xbox defective or I just mistaken some steps? I youtube'd videos and understand that the 250gb version has a physical harddrive. Please help!

Edit:
The system plays games fine, I load up forza 4 and it works but I have no gamer profile. Another thing, it has just come to my attention that there is a matte and glossy version. What is the 4gb slim supposed to come in because the one I have right now is glossy. God this is annoying...
#2gamer01Posted 11/5/2011 6:44:39 PM
the 4gb is matte while glossy is the 250gb
---
Xbox: Lukami
PS3: iukami
#3crayonshinchan(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2011 6:57:01 PM
Yeah... I just realized that, frigging guy scammed and sold me the wrong system and now I don't have a harddrive.

I plugged my 16gb usb drive to temporarily fix the harddrive issue but now I need to reset the parental safety code.
#4jdavie87Posted 11/5/2011 7:06:36 PM(edited)
Sounds like the guy sold you 250gb model with the hard drive taken out.

For the password problem, you can do a factory system reset that will get rid of that. There's a button code out there that will do this when you enter it on the system info screen, but you'll have to look it up, I can't recall what the code is.

[EDIT]
This might be it, it looks familiar.

ltrig rtrig x y lbump rbump x x left left

haha, just found a bunch more codes for you to try if that doesn't work. You have to enter the code on the system info screen on your 360 as fast as you can.

LT, RT, X, Y, LB, RB, D-pad UP, A, X, A
LT RT X Y LB RB "left d-pad" (hold left analog stick in) "right d-pad" x2
LT RT X Y LB RB Y "Left Stick in" (press it in) Y Y
LT, RT, X, Y, LB, RB, D(dpad), Y, U(dpad), D(dpad)
LT, RT, X, Y, LB, RB, X, down on the d pad, right on the d pad, X
---
"What does it do? That's the beauty of it, it doesn't DO anything."
#5SODISPosted 11/5/2011 7:06:58 PM
crayonshinchan posted...
Yeah... I just realized that, frigging guy scammed and sold me the wrong system and now I don't have a harddrive.

I plugged my 16gb usb drive to temporarily fix the harddrive issue but now I need to reset the parental safety code.

Don't jump to conclusions. Let me crack an egg of knowledge over your head.

The 4GB memory is a add-on card to the 360 Mobo directly under the DVD Drive. What can happen from time to time is that the slot gets a bit loose to the point that the 360 can't recognize the card anymore. Simply opening up the console and just taking it out and plugging it back in solves the issue.

But, if there is no card there period, and he didn't say that or stated that in his post. Then yes, you got scammed. But honestly, if you got the 360 Slim for a good deal. I wouldn't complain anyways.
---
NIER
#6crayonshinchan(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2011 8:39:31 PM
The price was decent I suppose but when it lacks a harddrive it breaks the deal because I have to shell out extra. The guy responded but he ain't going to do a thing about it, very rude as well.

I just got off the phone with xbox tech support and the serial number identifies it as a 250gb model with the harddrive gutted out by him. The box he gave me has a serial number that belongs to a different xbox (go figure).

Thanks for the code reset it worked and I have control of settings now, but with no harddrive I am using my 16gb usb drive right now.
#7briangrogersPosted 11/5/2011 8:49:05 PM
The 250gb version comes with the 4gb on board anyway right? Essentially giving it 254gb...right?

Also you didn't get scammed, you said you bought a 4gb system, regardless of the finish it should have 4gb on board.
---
GT: Dinocycle
"Why are the Gargoyles so damn idiotic? Anybody have a tried and true methodology for icing these cats?" -SocraticMethodi
#8cloud0123Posted 11/5/2011 8:50:22 PM
crayon, i got the 4gb model slim, and didn't have an HD. I had the OLD xbox HD though , 60gb.

So what I did was merely modified that HD, took out the casing, and it fit perfectly into my 4gb. This is a solution if you want to buy "cheap" xbox hard drive from old model. I am no techie and it was easy, plenty of tutorials online on how to do it.
#9SODISPosted 11/5/2011 8:57:52 PM
crayonshinchan posted...
The price was decent I suppose but when it lacks a harddrive it breaks the deal because I have to shell out extra. The guy responded but he ain't going to do a thing about it, very rude as well.

I just got off the phone with xbox tech support and the serial number identifies it as a 250gb model with the harddrive gutted out by him. The box he gave me has a serial number that belongs to a different xbox (go figure).

Thanks for the code reset it worked and I have control of settings now, but with no harddrive I am using my 16gb usb drive right now.

Okay, I take back what I meant. You've every right to be angry now. He should've been more honest with you. Sorry about your circumstance though. I hate people like that. Too bad you don't have the guy's phone number. If it makes you feel better. Go take his email and sign him up for stuff that gets you free stuff: at his expense. Those sites that involve free MS Points *wink*.
---
NIER
#10musumanePosted 11/5/2011 9:13:33 PM
You could easily buy a 2-4g USB stick for 20 bucks and put it in the USB port, the Xbox should have the option to format it for Xbox use.
---
Haku (or Jinsei Shinzaki or whatever name he goes by nowadays) is badass.! - 619King