This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wow, people must think its really cool to hate CoD!

#1DesperateMonkeyPosted 11/10/2011 12:06:50 AM
Moderfare 3 gets a 2.8 on metacritics from USER reviews with over 500+ reviews in the red...

Seriously people, this bandwagon is getting ridiculous. There are so many games and series I don't play or like (CoD included) but I don't mark them down for no reason. Its things like this that will always make the gaming community seem like a bunch of whiny children and another reason why gamers shouldn't be taken seriously.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#2CapnStankyPosted 11/10/2011 12:11:00 AM
Not sure if they think it's cool to hate COD or that they just think it's fun to watch COD fanboys cry.
#3LanternOfAshPosted 11/10/2011 12:14:06 AM
I enjoy hating on CoD and it's jockey, casual fanbase. What kind of screwed up mind would think its because I'm trying to be a cool dude?
---
I've got an 82" 3D HDTV. Yeah, I went there.
#4DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2011 12:17:58 AM
Because you make silly generalizations and pretend you are better than a certain demographic? Your entire post was the evidence...

Since I don't like VF5 or Tekken 6, maybe I should call their demographic "jockeys" or whatever that means and rate their games a zero without playing it. Its as childish as it seems and much worse than this mythical jockey gamer community.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#5CapwnDPosted 11/10/2011 12:29:52 AM

Not sure if they think it's cool to hate COD or that they just think it's fun to watch COD fanboys cry.

That makes no sense. If you really read the posts some people clearly have a complex where they feel the need to bash games that they don't like. I guess it makes them feel better about themselves, compensates for something in their lives. Maybe been dumped or gets sand kicked in their face. Or they're just generally pretentious dicks.
---
As Above, So Below
#6LaladienPosted 11/10/2011 1:06:05 AM
I just don't get it. I'll admit that I don't like CoD, but not because it's a terrible game - for all intents and purposes, they're incredible games, but they're not my cup of tea. Would I rate the game a 2 or a 3 because of that? No, that's petty and uncalled for. I mean, honestly, people rating the game that low are just ridiculous.

I realize that we all have opinions, but how can anyone justify such a low score? If you dislike the game or aren't interested in it, don't play it - plain and simple. Lambasting the game because you don't like it, however, is just stupid.
---
"Donít blink. Blink and youíre dead. Donít turn your back, donít look away and donít blink. Good luckÖ"
#7JeffandhisbanjoPosted 11/10/2011 1:09:30 AM(edited)
It is cool to hate cod and it's disturbing. I see it everywhere now.
#8KcrackPosted 11/10/2011 1:13:10 AM
Maybe Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4.4 deserves a 2?
---
Now celebrating 10 years at GameFaqs. Woo.
#9CapwnDPosted 11/10/2011 1:15:53 AM(edited)

It is cool to hate cod and it's disturbing. I see it everywhere now.

it's been getting worse and worse since COD4. It used to be sports games and Halo. Now it's FPS in general and especially COD.

The funniest are the Battlefield fanboys. They are... just... WOW. Because it takes a certain mentality to be that much of a jerk when you step back and take a look at the big picture.

If I'm not playing COD online, it's battlefield or Halo. I suppose that makes my other 150 Xbox 360 games and my plethera of other consoles and games meaningless. I'm just one of those "jockey" 99%.

There's very little that I am embarrassed for when I call myself a gamer. But this is one of those things. The mentality of these people is sick. Comic book guy pretentious bullys. You'd think these f***s would be more enlightened.
---
Occupy your earholes! Support your favorite muscians
#10JeffandhisbanjoPosted 11/10/2011 1:23:45 AM
Oh my god the people who jumped from cod fans to battlefield fans really are the worst. They used to play cod all the time then all of a sudden they hate everything about it and battlefield is the new holy grail blah blah. I can't put my head fully around it.