This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

for owners of gaming headsets

#11WinternovaPosted 11/10/2011 2:51:10 PM
I like my headset BECAUSE I have hearing loss. I've lost 40% of my hearing due to surgeries and other nastiness, so it helps to have the headset on which helps block outside sound plus an adjustible volume. :)
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(AFC Champs), Red Wings(Central Champs)
#12DuwstaiPosted 11/10/2011 5:14:35 PM
I keep mine fairly low.
---
XBL: eL Sm3gmA ::: PSN: Smegtico
"so continue to not care, while a bunch of fat pre teen kids teabag you"- shrub999
#13LandfillAOPosted 11/10/2011 5:32:55 PM
I have a bit of hearing loss, for sure. Not only do I use gaming headphones, but I mix/master/compose/record/engineer music as well. Hearing's definitely gone to ****.
#14foodeater4Posted 11/10/2011 5:46:34 PM
I got ringing in my ears, mostly my left ear. Its pretty loud. In the daytime when I'm up I dont really notice it. When I got to bed at night its there, but I guess I'm so used to it, it doesnt really effect me. It does effect my hearning though, on my left ear, if the sound is low enough on those tests I can't hear it cause my own ringing is louder.

But if keep stuff at reasonable levels you should be ok. Also, if your just listening to game sounds, sometimes if you turn up loud, but just leave it arond your neck, you can hear the sounds pretty well. I usually do that after extended gaming sessions when I just don't want a headset on anymore. Its still quiter then using the tv speakers if your trying to be quiet.
#15DuwstaiPosted 11/10/2011 6:43:44 PM
But if keep stuff at reasonable levels you should be ok. Also, if your just listening to game sounds, sometimes if you turn up loud, but just leave it arond your neck, you can hear the sounds pretty well. I usually do that after extended gaming sessions when I just don't want a headset on anymore. Its still quiter then using the tv speakers if your trying to be quiet.

Yeah I do that sometimes when Im just trying to kick back yet keep it quiet.
---
XBL: eL Sm3gmA ::: PSN: Smegtico
"so continue to not care, while a bunch of fat pre teen kids teabag you"- shrub999