This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

XBL is bad for singleplayer

#21ArthasRebornPosted 11/10/2011 7:48:05 PM
My 360 isn't even connected to the internet, so I can understand the problem.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/arthasreborn http://i49.tinypic.com/32znxno.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/4rrggy.jpg http://i46.tinypic.com/af7sdj.jpg
#22Dr_Aaron(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2011 7:59:43 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
Long story short, TC, neither MS nor any of us care about your imaginary friend's hypothetical problems. And the platform is better off without the .0001% of people who are like your supposed friend.

What, because we don't feed them $70 a year?

Now it's funny you mention percentages, because a quick search on google reveals that the amount of Xbox 360s sold is at 57.6 million and out of that the XBL userbase is 35 million.
Straight away I can tell you that is a lot more than .0001%.

But to be precise it's 39% (rounded down) that don't have XBL accounts. Quite a far cry from less than 1%, ja?

Didn't even break a sweat. First time I've actually had to research something today.
#23scoobydoobydontPosted 11/10/2011 8:08:58 PM
Dr_Aaron posted...
What, because we don't feed them $70 a year?
Inflated price? Check. Acting like you need Gold for patches? Check. Stubbornly inventing problems and discarding any solutions? Check. No, you're right, I'm making fun of you/your "friend" because you won't spend $70 a year. You're quite perceptive.

Now it's funny you mention percentages, because a quick search on google reveals that the amount of Xbox 360s sold is at 57.6 million and out of that the XBL userbase is 35 million.
Straight away I can tell you that is a lot more than .0001%.

But to be precise it's 39% (rounded down) that don't have XBL accounts. Quite a far cry from less than 1%, ja?

Na. Most of those "39%" are perfectly capable of getting a silver account if they want to, and just don't care. You put forth a supposed problem with patching single player games. Every offline gamer doesn't run into problems just because you, sorry, your "friend" did. Most people on and offline probably would never patch their games if it wasn't automatic.

Didn't even break a sweat. First time I've actually had to research something today.
Your research doesn't actually back up the issue you're complaining about.
---
Sometimes questions are more important than answers.
#24LanternOfAshPosted 11/10/2011 11:06:07 PM
Wow, this topic again? If you didn't realize it by now, no one has any sympathy for your pathetic 'situation'. Everyone else either has a correct setup or actually corrects the extremely minor problem instead of whining about it on a forum. Here's an idea, ya know that LAN cable plugged into your computer? PLUG IT INTO THE 360. It really is that easy, and you're friend obviously doesn't care if this is a problem.
---
I've got an 82" 3D HDTV. Yeah, I went there.
#25Dr_Aaron(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2011 10:47:22 AM
scoobydoobydont posted...
Your research doesn't actually back up the issue you're complaining about.

"Now before you say create a silver account, not everyone has the ability to or wants to. It's as simple as that. Also it still benefits Microsoft as they sell your personal information."

I'm pretty sure it does; not that it was actually meant to, as it was just a reply to his post but you just owned yourself by posting that.

Not everyone has the internet, so they can't download ****. I guess I didn't put enough emphasis on that.
#26JoeyFNKPosted 11/13/2011 5:25:49 PM
How is it the fault of Microsoft if someone doesn't want to create a silver account?
---
The areas between great and horrible contain good and bad as well as okay.
Last 3 Games Beat: Brink, MTG Duels 2012, Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2
#27MertensCWPosted 11/13/2011 7:04:34 PM
Killah Priest posted...
if there was no live that quest would have stayed glitched FOREVER.

The SI expansion disc has the last update, so no it wouldn't. It would cost you some money though.
---
Some All time Favorites - Ninja Gaiden 1-2,Colony Wars 1-3,Xenogears,MarioKart,Lunar 2,GTA:VC/SA,Sonic 2,S&K,FF6-7,Zanac,S. Metroid,SMB2,NFL2K5,Halo 2, NG2
#28HykCraftPosted 11/13/2011 7:09:31 PM
You can make a free silver account, log in and download the lastest updates for games via the auto-update.

Man.. we have some smart people here today.