This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I cannot recieve messages or have poeple join my game! HELP!

#1MarioLink77Posted 11/10/2011 6:58:34 PM
Today i was not receiving messages or invites to parties or games from my friends, nor could i invite them to my game. I tried restarting my xbox and i got an old message id missed and an invite to a game but like 10 minutes later no on could join my game again. Help please.
---
candlejack is a pretty cool guy, eh kidnaps peo-
#2MarioLink77(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2011 7:02:45 PM
Also family settings are off and my NAT type is open
---
candlejack is a pretty cool guy, eh kidnaps peo-
#3TreewallerPosted 11/10/2011 7:06:11 PM
I had that happen last week, you can still see your messages on xbox.com but not on the 360. It worked fine again the next day, dunno what the problem was.
---
"Hey Sockbaby! You wanna food up with us or what?!"
Game o' the Moment: Hannah Montana - The Movie Game
#4CapwnDPosted 11/10/2011 7:12:38 PM
I would say the same thing that I said in this topic:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927749-xbox-360/60935820

I am usually one to say that it's on your end, that it's your network or your friends.... but with the beta xbox live dashboard update rollout and the release of the most played online XBL game, I would give it a few days before doing anything if you're not comfortable doing stuff on your network.

If you do want to try some things, my first question would be if you have DSL. If you do, the router should be in PPPoE mode, and you may have to put the modem in bridged mode. If this still isn't doing it for you, then I would look at forwarding ports.
---
Occupy this
#5fallangePosted 11/10/2011 7:48:36 PM
It happened to me once. I unplugged my router, plugged it back in and what do you know, problem solved!
Give it a try, it might work.
---
have you heard the news?
the dogs are dead!
#6KanokarePosted 11/12/2011 2:21:54 AM
Just wanted to post something about this. Happened to my friend yesterday and today it worked fine. Happened to me today and I couldn't join any friends on MW3 unless it was already in progress. Every other game was fine, but I couldn't receive any messages unless I signed out then in again or if I was on the website.

I can't say it's my ISP since I don't even see the messages on all 3 of my accounts on the Xbox, but it's likely the new updates happening lately that's causing the problems for me. My router is also fine as I keep an eye on it often and nothing has changed.
---
XBL / PSN - Kanokare // Steam - Shannaro
3DS - Kanokare 1289-8224-7448 // Wii - 7539 2861 8425 1344