This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

XBox 360 audio adapter

#1GM_Posted 11/11/2011 7:17:41 PM
I need to buy an audio adapter to use my Turtle Beach PX21's on my 360 apparently. What is a good brand that I should buy? Does it matter at all if they cost 3 bucks or more? Or should I stick with some official MS branded cables?
---
Next time you go to trade in $200 worth of games for $20 store credit, use it to pick up Tetris and learn how to maximize the efficiency of your living space.
#2The Bad GuyPosted 11/11/2011 7:58:48 PM
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10830&cs_id=1083005&p_id=7526&seq=1&format=2
---
Jerec (Moderator)| 7/8/2011 4:43:14 AM
GameFAQs Moderators, we're you're Net Nannies whether you want us or not.
#3CapwnDPosted 11/11/2011 8:48:10 PM
Exactly, I would look at that one specifically. One of the reviews:

Great adapter, I bought this so I could use my Turtle Beach X11's with my Xbox 360 Elite. Don't bother buying this adapter elsewhere because the other adapters besides the Official Microsoft one will cause your console to reset if you change inputs on your Tv/Monitor. I use the piggyback cable from my X11's to the red and white rca audio jacks and it works perfectly. I haven't tried the Toslink/Optical Audio port but I assume that it works. Would highly recommend :)

See what he says about the system resetting with some other adapters? That happens with some TVs, doing the cable workaround also would give you that same issue. I have a 3rd party adapter in which that happens, but my official MS adapter doesn't do that, and apparently this adapter doesn't do it either. And it's cheap! This is definitely the one I would get.
---
Occupying my sig since 2011
#4Herrehkhan313Posted 11/12/2011 12:50:25 AM
I have the official MS one that came with my Elite console oh so many years ago and it has never reset my console when changing the TV input.
---
allisfighter.com / 360gamercast.com
GT: Herrehkhan / Go Eagles! :)
#5CapwnDPosted 11/12/2011 1:08:59 AM

I have the official MS one that came with my Elite console oh so many years ago and it has never reset my console when changing the TV input.

Exactly. The official one and some 3rd party adapters (such as this) take care of the HDCP issue which causes the 360 to reset when video input is changed (also the 360 may not go through the boot up process until the correct video input is selected). Some 3rd party adapters cause this issue, it's the same issue that comes up if you do the workaround: http://www.chadledford.com/?p=50

That is why I say that if you're going to get the dongle, get that one at monoprice.com because it seems to have that issue under control, and it's obviously cheaper than buying the official MS dongle which comes with the HDMI cables.
---
Occupying my sig since 2011