This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Updates? I need urgent help.

#1xMischiefPosted 11/12/2011 12:04:07 AM
Both Skyrim and MW3 have updates I need to download. Updates have been an issue with me recently, I play online with a perfect connection and on open NAT settings. However, updating and downloading takes forever if it does even work, with more than half the attempts failing.

I'm having the same problem with netflix, it takes ages to load movie catalogs -- but when I actually do select the movie, its present in HD with perfect image.

What is going on and how do i fix it?
#2_SCOTSLADPosted 11/12/2011 12:21:43 AM
How many clients use your connection ?

Could someone be leeching your wifi ?

As you say you do test open but are the correct ports open/forward/triggerd for xbox live ?

UpNp enabled ?

Try a simple power cycle of your gear.

How fast is your connection ? www.speedtest.net Is it fast enough for everyone at the same time ?

If you are running dsl your router should be in pppoe mode and bridge the connection to the router.

Guide from from CapwnD aka fustmonkey : http://www.freewebs.com/haximo/ports.htm for opening ports etc.
---
Better Meddle wi' the De'il than the Bairns o' Fa'kirk
#3xMischief(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2011 1:37:58 AM
scotslad posted...
How many clients use your connection ?

Could someone be leeching your wifi ?

As you say you do test open but are the correct ports open/forward/triggerd for xbox live ?

UpNp enabled ?

Try a simple power cycle of your gear.

How fast is your connection ? www.speedtest.net Is it fast enough for everyone at the same time ?

If you are running dsl your router should be in pppoe mode and bridge the connection to the router.

Guide from from CapwnD aka fustmonkey : http://www.freewebs.com/haximo/ports.htm for opening ports etc.

Only 2 devices are online, my laptop and xbox. Nobody is leeching internet, yes the right ports are open, upnp is enabled, and i have tried multiple power cycles. :-(
#4CapwnDPosted 11/12/2011 1:43:58 AM
DSL? Router in PPPoE mode as it should be? Modem in bridged mode like it should be?
---
Occupying my sig since 2011
#5xMischief(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2011 1:58:16 AM
CaPwnD posted...
DSL? Router in PPPoE mode as it should be? Modem in bridged mode like it should be?

I don't have DSL, I'm on Fios. Internet speed is perfect but its only these updates that take ages. For example, 3MB Patch for skyrim hasn't completed and it's been 15 minutes.

I can download a show that fast.
#6CapwnDPosted 11/12/2011 2:29:17 AM
Do you forward ports to any other PC or console?
---
Occupying my sig since 2011